Militaries have increasingly opened combat roles to women, but there have been some critics warning this will lower standards and effectiveness. There has been historical evidence suggesting integrating women into combat roles would not impact effectiveness, and perhaps even increase it under certain circumstances. There has been study done that Women are more effective in some circumstances than men. Allowing women to serve in combat roles doubles the talent pool for delicate and sensitive jobs that require interpersonal skills not every soldier has. Women should be able to serve in combat roles if they can pass phsyical test like mens can. There is also talk that women are not as physical as most women are.

There are many different pros and cons. That all women are not physically capable like men are. There has been a study that women suffer higher injury rates. Also another con is that getting pregnant can affect the deployability. Another con is that women say they are capable of all of physically, mentally, morally capable of leading combat operations when they're not. Pro is that it gives women leadership and team building skills.

https://sistersinarms.ca/history/women-in-combat-pros-and-cons/

https://www.isidewith.com/poll/1613615491

Do you think women should be allowed to serve in combat roles?

Do you think women are capable to handle all the requirement?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't see why women couldn't serve in combat roles, because women in the military are strong both physically and mentally. Women should be able to have the same opportunities as men in the military in my opinion. As long as women can fit the role in the military, they should be able to serve in combat. 

• I agree with you I think women should serve in combat roles, like you said because women in the military are strong both physically and mentally. I also agree with you on how women should have the same opportunities as men.

• I think that women should be able to fight in the military as much as men should. Even though statistically men are stronger than women, some women are stronger and smarter. It all depends on the person because we all have different skills. Since women are already allowed to fight, they should still be able to fight.

• I agree with I think women should be able to fight in the militrary as much as men. Like you also said men are stronger than women. I also agree with the some women are stronger and can be smarter.

• I think that women who are able to prove their worth in the military, just like men do,  should be able to serve in the combat roles. As long as they are stong enough mentally an physically, and this goes for both women and men.

• I agree with you I think that women who are able to prove their worth in the military, just like me do, should be able to serve in combat roles. I also agree that as long as their strong enough mentally and phsyically they should be allowed to.

• I think women should be able to serve in combat roles. Women are very strong both physically and mentally. Women can do the same thing as a man they just have to push themselves. I don't think there should be a certian gender that can't serve in combat roles. 

• I think that women should be able to serve in the military.  I am all for anyone that wants to serve our country.  If they want to put their lives on the line for my protection.  They are signing up knowing that they may not be the most physically capable but they are fighting for my protection.

• I agree with you I think women should be able to serve in the militar. I agree with they want to put their life on the line then let them. I also agree with you if they are signing up knowing thath they may not be the most physicallt capable but they still fight for protection let them.

• I think that women should be able to serve in combat roles because they are strong physically and mentally. I think that if you want to fight for your country that you should be able to fight in combat role's. Also if they are mentally strong and disaplined they can handle the requirement and push through it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker