Militaries have increasingly opened combat roles to women, but there have been some critics warning this will lower standards and effectiveness. There has been historical evidence suggesting integrating women into combat roles would not impact effectiveness, and perhaps even increase it under certain circumstances. There has been study done that Women are more effective in some circumstances than men. Allowing women to serve in combat roles doubles the talent pool for delicate and sensitive jobs that require interpersonal skills not every soldier has. Women should be able to serve in combat roles if they can pass phsyical test like mens can. There is also talk that women are not as physical as most women are.

There are many different pros and cons. That all women are not physically capable like men are. There has been a study that women suffer higher injury rates. Also another con is that getting pregnant can affect the deployability. Another con is that women say they are capable of all of physically, mentally, morally capable of leading combat operations when they're not. Pro is that it gives women leadership and team building skills.

https://sistersinarms.ca/history/women-in-combat-pros-and-cons/

https://www.isidewith.com/poll/1613615491

Do you think women should be allowed to serve in combat roles?

Do you think women are capable to handle all the requirement?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you throughout history it been mostly men taking these roles. Some people are starting to wake up that women can also do this role if their capable of passing the physical test and mentally stable.

• I think that your gender should not determine if you can have a combat role. As long as the woman can pass the physical test and mentally stable than they should have no issues being allowed to be in combat.

• I agree with you I don't think gender should determine if you can be in combat role. Like said also the main thing is that they pass the physical test and be mentally stable. Also like you said if you can't handle it you shouldn't be in the role.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker