Militaries have increasingly opened combat roles to women, but there have been some critics warning this will lower standards and effectiveness. There has been historical evidence suggesting integrating women into combat roles would not impact effectiveness, and perhaps even increase it under certain circumstances. There has been study done that Women are more effective in some circumstances than men. Allowing women to serve in combat roles doubles the talent pool for delicate and sensitive jobs that require interpersonal skills not every soldier has. Women should be able to serve in combat roles if they can pass phsyical test like mens can. There is also talk that women are not as physical as most women are.

There are many different pros and cons. That all women are not physically capable like men are. There has been a study that women suffer higher injury rates. Also another con is that getting pregnant can affect the deployability. Another con is that women say they are capable of all of physically, mentally, morally capable of leading combat operations when they're not. Pro is that it gives women leadership and team building skills.

https://sistersinarms.ca/history/women-in-combat-pros-and-cons/

https://www.isidewith.com/poll/1613615491

Do you think women should be allowed to serve in combat roles?

Do you think women are capable to handle all the requirement?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that women should be able to try and have the same opportunities as men. Alot of people think that men are stronger, faster, and just way better at things rather then women. Some women are better then men. I think some women are capable to handle the requirement. 

• I agree with you I think woman should be able to try and have the same opportunities as men. It is true that some women are in better physical shape then men are. I also agree with you I think there is some women that are capable to handle the requirement.

• I think that women should be allowed to try to do the combat roles but, the military should not make it less of a chalange for them because that would be a week spot.  I think that if women wanted to get in the combat roles and put their mind to it then they can get it done.

• I agree with you I think women should also be allowed to try and do combat roles. I also agree with I think they shouldn't make it less challenging for them because they need to be able to physical do the role too.

• I think that woman should be able to have the same opportunities as men. Most people think that men are faster, stronger, and overall better than women, but some women are better than most men. I do think women are more than capable to handle the requirement of combat roles. 

• I agree with you I think women should be able to have the same opportunities as men do. I also agree with you most people think that men are faster, stronger than women. I also agree with I think women are more capable to handle the requirement of combat role.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree with you I think women should be given the options in the military as the men are given. I also agree with if women want to fight for our country let them do that there is a reason why they want to do it.

• I absolutly think women should have all of the same oppurtunities as the men do in everything else. Men are always known to bne stronger, faster, etc. but that  always isnt true. there are a lot of women who are better than most men so i think they should have the oppurtunity to do what men do.

• I agree with you I think women should be able to have the same oppurtunities as men do. I also agree with you men have always been known to be stronger, faster.

• I think women should be able to serve a combat role in the military. If women want to participate in more advanced roles in the military they should be able to. Women and men may not be equal when it comes to them being physically strong, but if some women put in the time and effort for it, they should be able to serve.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker