Militaries have increasingly opened combat roles to women, but there have been some critics warning this will lower standards and effectiveness. There has been historical evidence suggesting integrating women into combat roles would not impact effectiveness, and perhaps even increase it under certain circumstances. There has been study done that Women are more effective in some circumstances than men. Allowing women to serve in combat roles doubles the talent pool for delicate and sensitive jobs that require interpersonal skills not every soldier has. Women should be able to serve in combat roles if they can pass phsyical test like mens can. There is also talk that women are not as physical as most women are.

There are many different pros and cons. That all women are not physically capable like men are. There has been a study that women suffer higher injury rates. Also another con is that getting pregnant can affect the deployability. Another con is that women say they are capable of all of physically, mentally, morally capable of leading combat operations when they're not. Pro is that it gives women leadership and team building skills.

https://sistersinarms.ca/history/women-in-combat-pros-and-cons/

https://www.isidewith.com/poll/1613615491

Do you think women should be allowed to serve in combat roles?

Do you think women are capable to handle all the requirement?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with I think women should be able to serve in combat role in the military. I agree with you if they want to be in combat role let them if they passed the testing.

• I think that women should have all of the same opportunities as men do in the military. But, there should be a certain skill level that they have to reach to be able to get into and do different things in the military. If there is a women that wants to, and is able to go into combat, I see no reason that she shouldn't be able to. 

• I agree with you I think women should have all the sam opportunities as men do in the military. But like you said they have to pass certain testing to reach that goal.

• I think women should be able to do anything they want to even if they decide they want to serve in a combat role. Men are known to be more physically capable, however, that isn't always true. When someone puts their mind on something you aren't going to stop them. Humans' biggest limitation is thinking you can't do something. I feel that women can have all the requirements. 

• I agree with you I think they should be able to do anything they want to do without somebody saying yes or no. Like you said men are more known have more physically capable but also women can be as strong to.

• I feel that if women want to go into combat they should be able to. Sure women are not as physically strong as men. Both men and women have different features. There should be no restrictions. They can help fight for our country. The women can even go to other countries, which don’t  believe that women can fight, they can be of great use to the government.

• I agree with you if women want to go into combat they should be able.  Like you also said there is many reason why man or women are more capable like you said they have many different features and man are normally more physically strong.

• Of course they should, I mean I personally think that just because men and women have different features there should be no restrictions. If it's what they want than I say let them. I think that the reason "women aren't as physically capable" as a man is, is because its more likely for a man to work out. Which builds their muscles and mostly stamina but I'm sure if she wants the job she's as "physically capable" as any man could be. I believe that anything a man could do a woman could do, same way around. excluding physical limitations. 

• I agree with you just because men and women have different features there should be no restrictions. I agree with the reason why man are more capable of this spot is because like you said they can build muscles easiler and have more stamina. 

• I think that women should be able to serve in combat roles. I feel that if that is what they want to do then that is what they want to do. On the other hand throughout history, it has mostly been men taking these roles. I think that some women can meet the requirements needed, but not all of them can. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker