Should The Covid-19 Vaccine Be Required?

There is not much information about the Covid-19 vaccines since it is so new. Only about 12 months of data that include over ten thousand participants in clinical trials. Since 2020 everyone has been recommended to take the shot. Some people have even been required to have the shot. I believe it should be your choice if you get the shot or not. Possible side effects if you get the vaccine are not likely. The side effects mainly happen after you get the second dose of the vaccine. Those side effects are pain swelling and redness on the arm that you got the shot on. You may also experience headaches and tiredness.   

I believe the vaccine should not be required. We don't know what will happen to us in the future. Maybe nothing will happen to us but it could affect my kids or my grandkids. Yes the vaccine helps prevent covid but you can still get it even if you have gotten the vaccine. I think it is stupid that you have to have the vaccine for covid to work somr places. You aren't forced to get the flu shot to work at those places. Why should we get the covid vaccine?  It is my body I should have the choice what happens to it.

What is your opinion should the vaccine be required? Why or Why not?

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/is-the-covid19-vaccine-safe 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great topic choice Lexy! Your summary could have beenexpanded quite a bit educating people about the vaccine and the madates. Also be sure reply back to students more frequently. About three comments per page.

• I agree and do not think the vaccine should ever be required. There is not enough research on it and it was all a setup in the first place. Our generation is already messed up the way it is and the last thing we need is a vaccine ruining our future generations. Howerver, if someone wants it then they should be able to get it.

• I think it should be the person's choice if they want to get the vaccine. It can have potentially bad side affects in the future and if you don't want it you shouldn't have to get it. I do understand why some hospitals are getting it mandated for employees though, since they are exposed to all sorts of COVID-19 patients. 

• I think that whether or not you get the vaccine is a personal choice that we are able to make with our freedoms. The vaccine has a lot of unanswered long-term questions that we will not know for quite some time, which turns many people away from getting the vaccine. While I do think it is in the best interest for people to get the vaccine to protect themselves and others, I also believe that decisions like this are made on one's personal situation. 

• I think that getting a vaccine should not required unless it is necessary if it is life threatning or if you need for work. I can see why people do not want to get the COVID-19 shot because it is new and has not been developed much since the pandemic was a global crisis. Getting a vaccine should be up to the person and if they do not get the shot then they can deal with the consequence of potentianlly cathing the COVID-19 virus.

• I think its a persons choice to get the vaccine or not. I am not an anti-vaxxer. I have a huge fear of needles. Everyone in my family got their covid shot.(execpt me) I was the only one to get covid. If sombody wants to deal with the consequence of not getting their vaccine then they will most likely end up with covid. I see both sides. I would've gotten my shot if I didn't have this fear.

• I belive that the covid vaccine shoould not be reguired in Iowa. I think people should have the choice if they want it or not. People in this world are big enough to make there own choices. If they get the virus and end up dieing from it, it will be there own choice. 

• I don't think the vaccine should be required. Considering we have no idea what it could do to us if we do take it. Also because you can still get it even if you get the vaccine. I feel that we should worry more about the flu than covid becuase more people die from that each year.

• I do not think that the covid vaccine should be required. I believe that people should have the right to choose wether or not they want it. So, if people want to get the vaccine then they can, but if they don't then they should not be required because it is their body and their choice.

• I do not think that the vaccine should be required. I think that since we do not have all of the information out that people should still have an option. I think that if people want to get the vaccine that they totally can but should not force it onto others.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker