Should The Covid-19 Vaccine Be Required?

There is not much information about the Covid-19 vaccines since it is so new. Only about 12 months of data that include over ten thousand participants in clinical trials. Since 2020 everyone has been recommended to take the shot. Some people have even been required to have the shot. I believe it should be your choice if you get the shot or not. Possible side effects if you get the vaccine are not likely. The side effects mainly happen after you get the second dose of the vaccine. Those side effects are pain swelling and redness on the arm that you got the shot on. You may also experience headaches and tiredness.   

I believe the vaccine should not be required. We don't know what will happen to us in the future. Maybe nothing will happen to us but it could affect my kids or my grandkids. Yes the vaccine helps prevent covid but you can still get it even if you have gotten the vaccine. I think it is stupid that you have to have the vaccine for covid to work somr places. You aren't forced to get the flu shot to work at those places. Why should we get the covid vaccine?  It is my body I should have the choice what happens to it.

What is your opinion should the vaccine be required? Why or Why not?

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/is-the-covid19-vaccine-safe 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think the vaccine should be required since it is just a shot for a deise like all of the other shots. I understand if places like nursing homes or hospitals require it because people who have compromised immune systems. I think that regular places should not have this vaccine be a requirement.

• Personally I don't think that we should require to have the vaccine but if your in the medical field then I can understand that but if you are not then I dont think that it should be required because what it boil's down to is that we are just going to have to live with it in the future its just going to be another vaccine that is distrubuted like the flu.

• Yeah what is the point in getting the shot if in the future it could become a choice anyway. I feel as though they cant force us to get the shots if they dont know everthing about them. Its bad the if you want to work in some places you have to have the shot.

•  

The only reason I can think of for some places to require the vaccine would be so other people who might have a higher risk of getting sick don't, and I think I'm ok with that; I would want my grandma or other people I love to get sick because someone who had covid and wasn't careful infected her. However I totally agree with you that everyone should have the right to choose whether or not they want to get it, but they should just try to be responsible and thoughtful of others so we can stop the mass covid cases.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker