Should The Covid-19 Vaccine Be Required?

There is not much information about the Covid-19 vaccines since it is so new. Only about 12 months of data that include over ten thousand participants in clinical trials. Since 2020 everyone has been recommended to take the shot. Some people have even been required to have the shot. I believe it should be your choice if you get the shot or not. Possible side effects if you get the vaccine are not likely. The side effects mainly happen after you get the second dose of the vaccine. Those side effects are pain swelling and redness on the arm that you got the shot on. You may also experience headaches and tiredness.   

I believe the vaccine should not be required. We don't know what will happen to us in the future. Maybe nothing will happen to us but it could affect my kids or my grandkids. Yes the vaccine helps prevent covid but you can still get it even if you have gotten the vaccine. I think it is stupid that you have to have the vaccine for covid to work somr places. You aren't forced to get the flu shot to work at those places. Why should we get the covid vaccine?  It is my body I should have the choice what happens to it.

What is your opinion should the vaccine be required? Why or Why not?

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/is-the-covid19-vaccine-safe 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I believe that the covid vaccine should not be required. Mainly because you're getting a vaccine for no reason because you can still get covid whether you have it or not. If people want to wear a mask around or don't want to wear a mask, that's their choice, you can take the risk of getting covid which you do everyday when you go out. But I don't believe the vaccisionton should be required if you can still get covid.

• I beleive that the covid-19 vaccine should not be required. I beleive if you have a risk in getting sick then get it or wear a mask around others. We dont know if making everyone get the vaccine would help in the future or not. Yes the vaccine cant prevent you from getting sick but it dosent fully keep you safe from getting it. I think If you want the vaccine then you can get it, but its our bodies so we should be able to choose what we put in it.

• I strongly do not think the COVID- 19 vaccine shouldn't be required because it should be your choice whether you get it or not. For instance, some people may be deathly allergic to the vaccine which can cause anaphylactic shock which could kill you or shut your body down. Maybe the person doesn't want the vaccine because of the side effects that the vaccine causes.

• That is a very good point that i did not cover in my writing thank you for bring it up. Yes some people could be deathly alergic to it and die that is a big thing. Companys cant just force us to get it without them knowing what is in the shot and how it might affect us. 

• I do not think that the COVID-19 vaccine should be required because some people have allergies to things in it. Also they really don't know what the long term effects of it are, for all we know it could cause some bad disease later on. It usually takes 5-10 years for a vaccine to be aproved, and it only took the COVID vaccine around a year or two to be made and approved. 

• I strongely believe that the vaccines should not be required. Frankely, I don't really understand how people our age are even getting them with all of the unknowns. The vaccine, along with the virus haven't been out long enough to  be concidered well tested and approved. Scientists don't even have proof that these vaccines are effective, with all of the new strands of COVID-19 appearing, so I couldn't even understant how they could require it. There are probably a lot of side effects from the vaccine that haven't even been discovered yet, because it hasn't been around for very long. I think that it shouldn't even be required for people in the medical field, becuase it can cause life-changing long term effects that are sometimes worse than even getting COVID.

• In my opinion, I do not think the vaccine should be required. Everyone has different beliefs and information about it. People don't know how this will affect their bodies as they age. Personally, it should be what the people want to do if they want the vaccine or not. The government should not force people to get it.

• I do not think the Covid-19 vaccine should be required. Everyone may have different views or perspective on this topic. But I believe that this vaccine should not be required. If someone is all against something they should not be forced to get it or treated differently just because they didn’t get the vaccine

• I think that the vaccine should not be required for anything. Some people want to wait and see what will happen since not a lot of evidence has been shown to what will happen a year from now. I think in a few years it will just be distributed like the flu shot. 

• I don't think the vaccine should be required. I just don't think that force is the right way. However, I do think that as many people as possible should get the shot. In my opinion, educating people about the topic and its safety is more useful. For some people who are working in the medicine field the shot is required. I can understand that. You're not only getting the vaccine to protect yourself but also others. And shouldn't this be your goal anyways if you are working in the medicine field? 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker