Should Teachers Be Aloud To Say "no" To Using The Bathroom

If you go to college, you'll see in every room students just get up and leave class to use the bathroom. If you have meetings or jobs, you have to dismiss yourself and go. So why in school do you have to ask? And what happens when they say no? There could be many different excuses your teacher gives you like, “ You went yesterday”, “You both cant go”, “you just came from lunch”, “ you had before class”, or even just “cause I said no”. All of these “excuses” are not important. If someone has to go to the bathroom they can't control that. 

There are kids that try and go at the same time and mess around but even then, the teacher could have them go at different times. Or if there is already a kid in the bathroom, ask them to wait till they get back.  Saying no and asking a student to wait are two different things. If a teacher is in the middle of teaching they could ask you to wait till they're finished. When they straight up say no, you can't go at all. If a teacher says no and makes the child sit in class, the child could get a UTI by holding it in for so long. UTIs occur when bacteria makes their way into the urinary tract. That bacteria will sit and multiply and cause a very painful UTI. 

In my opinion, I think teachers should not be allowed to say no. Every student has the right to be able to go to the bathroom when they need to. I don't think there's really a  good reason for a teacher to straight up say no. It's something you can't control and will get painful if it's not fixed in a certain amount of time. I also think its important for girls on their cyces to be able to use the bathroom freely. 

Do you think teachers should be aloud to say no? If so why?

Can you think  of any good reasons a tecaher should say no? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that teachers shouldn’t be allowed to so no to students asking to go to the bathroom because it honestly is extremely unfair. I have had times where I've waited to go so long that it hurt. Sometimes when I ask to go to the bathroom they say “You could’ve gone in between classes.” are the days that I actually didn’t have time in between classes to go to the bathroom therefore I’ve been waiting all day. Honestly I really can’t think of any good reason for a teacher to say no to going to the bathroom.

• This is a very interesting topic. Thank you for expressing your opinion. I understand where the teachers are coming from. People vape and are loud in there, if only people didn’t, but why at school, and I know some people can’t hold their bladder, and by teachers saying no to toilet use they are taking away privacy.

• Thanks for expressing yours. I also see where their coming from, however I still feel like its wrong to tell a kid no. A lot of kids go during class so its not so loud in the bathroom so I think they should let anyone go.  

• I don't think teachers should be allowed to say no when students ask to use the restroom. Like you said people can get UTI if they hold it in for so long. There are some cases where teachers can say no like if the student is known for skipping class, if they're disrupting the class, or if the teacher is in the middle of teaching a lesson. 

• I agree, there are a lot of students who do it to get out of class and I can see where teachers come from when they say no. However, if that student did still have to use the bathroom it would be bad if they got held. 

• I think in different cases teachers should be able to say no because it could distrupt the class or if you're in  the middle of a test it could cause you to cheat. Also another reason teachers will say no is teahcers know that students mess around in class.

• I don't think any teacher should be able to not let you go to the restroom, but there are some classes where I've seen some students abuse this and leave to mess around and not actually use the restroom, I think in these cases it is reasonable for teachers to tell you no but not in any other occasion.  

• I totally agree, people abuse this a lot of the time. I still think a teacher could use another response other then just no. I think they could still say sure and then its there problem if they choose to mess around in the bathroom and get introuble that way. 

• I think that saying no to going to the bathroom is okay if the person constantly goes to the bathroom, but in some cases them actually having an emergency is possible. I think that a teacher saying could cause less people to mess around in the bathroom.

• I feel like in some cases saying no to useing the bathroom is aproprite. There are a few students that use the bathroom every day in every class. In situations like that I think it is ok for a teacher to tell them no. On the other hand some kids actully have to use the bathroom but the teachers wont let them go until the first person comes back. Sometimes the kid doesn't come back for 10-15 minutes. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker