Should Teachers Be Aloud To Say "no" To Using The Bathroom

If you go to college, you'll see in every room students just get up and leave class to use the bathroom. If you have meetings or jobs, you have to dismiss yourself and go. So why in school do you have to ask? And what happens when they say no? There could be many different excuses your teacher gives you like, “ You went yesterday”, “You both cant go”, “you just came from lunch”, “ you had before class”, or even just “cause I said no”. All of these “excuses” are not important. If someone has to go to the bathroom they can't control that. 

There are kids that try and go at the same time and mess around but even then, the teacher could have them go at different times. Or if there is already a kid in the bathroom, ask them to wait till they get back.  Saying no and asking a student to wait are two different things. If a teacher is in the middle of teaching they could ask you to wait till they're finished. When they straight up say no, you can't go at all. If a teacher says no and makes the child sit in class, the child could get a UTI by holding it in for so long. UTIs occur when bacteria makes their way into the urinary tract. That bacteria will sit and multiply and cause a very painful UTI. 

In my opinion, I think teachers should not be allowed to say no. Every student has the right to be able to go to the bathroom when they need to. I don't think there's really a  good reason for a teacher to straight up say no. It's something you can't control and will get painful if it's not fixed in a certain amount of time. I also think its important for girls on their cyces to be able to use the bathroom freely. 

Do you think teachers should be aloud to say no? If so why?

Can you think  of any good reasons a tecaher should say no? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I disagree, I think theres a better aproach then just saying no. I can see where teachers come from during tests but even then you can ask them to wait not just say no. 

• I beleive that at some point it is ok so saying no to using tha bathroom but if a student really needs to use the bathroom I think they should be able to go. I dont really think there is a reason for a teacher to say no to using the bathroom unless like the student have already used the restroom.

• i feel teachers should be alowed to say no because what if there are other students out already and they know your going to mess around with the other students in the bathroom. also what if your supposed to have a fire drill that day and the teacher dosent want you to be all caught up in a diffrent class.

• I disagree, I think if there was going to be a fire drill the teacher can just let you know and see if you have enough time to run there real quick. Also, The teacher could say they need to wait for the other student to come back, not just no. 

• No, I don't think that the teachers should be able to say no because it is a right to go to the bathroom and the teachers can't just take that right away. Maybe the teacher says no because maybe there is another person out already or there is a test you're about to take but other than that I don't think there is any good reason to say no.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker