Should teachers be allowed to carry weapons

In the United States it is known that there are a lot of guns, but there are some states that have them so if the school lets them, teachers are allowed to have guns. At https://www.ncsl.org/research/education/school-safety-guns-in-schools.aspx it shows that there are 20 schools that anyone with permission from school authority. But 45 states have it so that only lawinforsmint can have guns in school.

To me there is some good, but there is also something that could go wrong if teachers are allowed guns. For an example if the teachers doesint put the gun in a safe or somewhere the student knows where it is at. That would just make it easier for a student to get their hand on a gun. Except for having a teacher having a gun I think that schools should have two police officers that have been on the force for a while with a gun.

In nine states they are letting teachers have guns if they go through training but they are not forcing them to do this. The states are Idaho, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and Wyoming.

What do you think about a teacher having a gun in the class room.

How much training should a teacher have if they have a gun in the class room.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/education/school-safety-guns-in-schools.aspx

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2022/08/24/iowa-school-spirit-lake-staff-concealed-carry-guns-protect-shootings/7884759001/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think any guns should be allowed on campus teacher or student. Guns in mass areas isn't a good idea unless your a trained officer. You never know the intention of humans. Being a teacher doesn't make you  automatically trustworthy. 

• I think teachers should be able to carry them because schools are not safe these day. I think school would be more safe if teachers were able to carry guns it would procet the students and the other teachers.

• Hailey,

Next time, be sure to check the forum before posting. Your summary if good but a bit brief. The big issue is that you didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 30 points.

• I think teachers should be allowed to have a gun in their classroom for personal protection and student protection. It should be a deal where only the teacher knows theres a gun in the classroom. And the students parents should know there the teacher has a gun. I think there should be hard, critical training

• I think that teachers shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun in the classroom because students could easily access it. It seems like a bad idea because it could go wrong at any moment. I believe that a teacher should go through a lot of training to have a gun in class because it could be dangerous.

• I personally believe that if a teacher was deemed responsible enough to carry a weapon and went through the necessary training to carry a weapon they should be allowed to. I think that it would be very beneficial to both the students safety and the teachers safety.

• I think teachers should have gun in their classroom so it helps out the rest of the school so not one person has to do everything. Well the teacher should go through safety class and shooting class and how to handle your gun class before they can have it in their room.

• I don't think that teachers should guns in classrooms because they say it is safer but if anything it could make it less safe because what if the teacher has a really bad day and such a bad day they grab the gun and make bad choices or a student could find out where the gun is and could use it.

• I don't think that teachers should be allowed to carry weapons. And I don't think that you can create more safety with having more weapons that can kill people. There could be so many exidents you don't think about the first moment. A weapon which can do so much harm shouldn't be allowed to be carried by teachers. 

• yes, i believe that school teachers should be able to carry guns in school because of safety reasons. Like in the past schools have been shot up. If teachers have a gun then they can protect students and themselfs. If teachers have a weapon then its unlikely for as many students and teachers to die in classrooms than in the past. Im not saying that nobody will die in just saying that if it came to it teachers would be able to protect who they can and save the lives of students adn teachers. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker