Should students have an open campus? First of all, what is an open campus? Open campus is when students have the freedom to go out of school during lunch or during study hall depending on what their principal says. Some schools during the semester test have every grade have open campus but some schools have junior and seniors only have open campus during the semester test. Some schools may not allow open campus during semester tests for any grade at all and I think that it is unfair to the junior and seniors that don’t get open campus because it’s their last year or two years and they can’t have freedom. 

Some people say that there shouldn’t be open campus for every grade because the underclassmen will take it for granted and will ruin it for everyone but I think that they should only have sophomores, juniors, and seniors have open campus but not year-round. I think that sophomores and juniors should have it for 3rd and 4th quarters and not year round and I think that seniors should have it year-round. It also might help the students more and not get so stressed and not having to stay in school for like 7-8 hours. Even though some underclassmen may want it and they might not ruin I still think that they shouldn’t have open campus and it also helps other food stores or restaurants because some students might want something else than school lunch because they might not like the school lunch. 

I believe that people should have a chance but I think that the good underclassmen and know they won’t ruin it for everybody should get open campus during semester tests because I do feel like if every underclassmen get open campus they will ruin it for everyone. I also think that if you have one F you shouldn’t get open campus and work with the teacher to get the grade up at least for you can get open campus. I think some underclassmen are cable of it but some also isn’t cable of it and I think that sophomores can handle it. 

In my opinion, I think that sophomores, juniors, and seniors should have open campus because they can handle it but I think that underclassmen shouldn’t have open campus because some of them will ruin it or can’t handle it and I think that if freshmen do have open campus then I think that the good freshman should have open campus that can handle it but as long as they have good grades and no F’s. I think that if they try to get their grades up then I think that they should get open campus and as long as they have their grades us then they should have open campus. 

Do you think that freshmen should have open campus?

Do you think that students should have open campus during semester tests? 

Should sophomores get open campus during semester tests?

https://grownandflown.com/teens-allowed-open-campus-lunch/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think everyone should have open campus in my opinion unless they are failing one of their classes, or they are arriving late to their tests. It's an option to leave school if you have open campus, and if a freshman is pulled over because they aren't on their route that's their own fault. 

• I agree because some freshmen think they can drive anywhere then they get pulled over for going off their route.

• In my opion you should have to be passing all of your classes to be able to have open campus. I feel like sophmores and up should have the option to have open campus. I wish I had this option cause I get bored in study hall, and I have nothing to do.

• I agree with you because if you have study hall with nothing to do and some students get bored of being on their phones you should get the option to have open campus.

• I think everyone should have open campus because it gives the students freedom to get away from school and relax. I think Freshmen should as long as they don't mess around and getting in trouble. I think Sophmores should because everyone is legal to drive assuming everyone is 16.

• I agree with you because some sophomores are 16 and they can drive and they can take the freshmen too if they need a ride as well.

• Yes I think its dumb that we dont. We were able to have it last year and there was nothing bad about it. Most of the students know the consiquences of not showing up so many students were here on time. I also hate the school lunch so it would be nice to leave for lunch instead of being cramed into a small lunchroom.

• I agree with you because if we were able to have it last year then we should be able to have this year and then people would like to leave for lunch too. 

• I think that both freshmen and sophomores should have an open campus. Most Sophmores have their license and those who dont can ask for a ride. Although most freshmen cant drive, they could always get rides and at least have their permits so they could go home.  It also gives freshmen and sophomores a chance to prove that they are responsible.

• I agree with you because some teachers don't think that underclassmen are responsible.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker