Should students have an open campus? First of all, what is an open campus? Open campus is when students have the freedom to go out of school during lunch or during study hall depending on what their principal says. Some schools during the semester test have every grade have open campus but some schools have junior and seniors only have open campus during the semester test. Some schools may not allow open campus during semester tests for any grade at all and I think that it is unfair to the junior and seniors that don’t get open campus because it’s their last year or two years and they can’t have freedom. 

Some people say that there shouldn’t be open campus for every grade because the underclassmen will take it for granted and will ruin it for everyone but I think that they should only have sophomores, juniors, and seniors have open campus but not year-round. I think that sophomores and juniors should have it for 3rd and 4th quarters and not year round and I think that seniors should have it year-round. It also might help the students more and not get so stressed and not having to stay in school for like 7-8 hours. Even though some underclassmen may want it and they might not ruin I still think that they shouldn’t have open campus and it also helps other food stores or restaurants because some students might want something else than school lunch because they might not like the school lunch. 

I believe that people should have a chance but I think that the good underclassmen and know they won’t ruin it for everybody should get open campus during semester tests because I do feel like if every underclassmen get open campus they will ruin it for everyone. I also think that if you have one F you shouldn’t get open campus and work with the teacher to get the grade up at least for you can get open campus. I think some underclassmen are cable of it but some also isn’t cable of it and I think that sophomores can handle it. 

In my opinion, I think that sophomores, juniors, and seniors should have open campus because they can handle it but I think that underclassmen shouldn’t have open campus because some of them will ruin it or can’t handle it and I think that if freshmen do have open campus then I think that the good freshman should have open campus that can handle it but as long as they have good grades and no F’s. I think that if they try to get their grades up then I think that they should get open campus and as long as they have their grades us then they should have open campus. 

Do you think that freshmen should have open campus?

Do you think that students should have open campus during semester tests? 

Should sophomores get open campus during semester tests?

https://grownandflown.com/teens-allowed-open-campus-lunch/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think anyone in high school with passing grades like C’s and up should have open campus. If you're failing a class then that is on you and you shouldn’t be able to get open campus until you get your grade up. I don't see any harm in kids having open campus if parents allow it as well. I just think if you have open campus then just make sure you are responsible with it.

• I agree with you because if you have bad grades then you should be able to try and get that grade up.

• I don't necessarily think freshman should have open campus during semester tests because a lot of them can't drive regardless, so I personally think that they're setting them up. I think sophomores and up should. A lot of people now have their license, and have a better feel of what high school is like.

• I agree because most of the sophomores have licenses so they could drive anywhere in Iowa and freshmen don't.

• I think all students should have open campus unless they have a D or lower in any of their classes. If someone is failing and wants to leave from a study hall then they should not be allowed to do so. They dug their hole and they must get out before they are allowed open campus.

• I agree with you because if you have closer to an F then you should try to get the grade up and then you get open campus.

• I think anyone in high school with passing grades should be able to have open campus. If you are failing then that is on you and you should have to work for it a little bit. I don't see any harm in kids having open campus if parents allow it as well.

• I agree with you because if you don't have passing grades then you should be able to have open campus but if you don't have passing grades then you shouldn't have open campus.

• I think that every student who is passing their classes should have open campus. I think that if you are failing or close to failing you should not have open campus. I think that the way we had it a year ago was working fine and we should go back to it. 

• I agree but some people also did cause some problems and some people also had bad grades last year too that had open campus.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker