Everyday students get told they should do something extra with the school, whether that be sports, band, student council, ect. Most students would agree that doing an extracurricular activity is good. So the question is do you think students should be required to do an extracurricular activity?

Most studies show that doing extra activities can help improve your behavior, academic ability, and have more positive attitudes. Although most teenage students have jobs and chores outside of school they still are involved with a lot of things. Most staff at schools push you to do something helping the school. 

Many students would agree with taking extra curricular activities but they do not think it should be required. Studies also show that being involved more with the school can give you more social opportunities, help you have essential life skills, and it looks good on your resume. 

As a student, I think being more involved in your school helps you do better in school and make more friends. Overall it’s just an easier way to embrace yourself through your school?

Do you think students should be required to take extra curricular activities?

Do you think it helps with social skills? 

https://www.crimsoneducation.org/us/blog/extracurriculars/benefits-of-extracurricular-activities/#:~:text=Lots%20of%20studies%20have%20been,school%20and%20higher%20academic%20aspirations.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I honestly think that extra curricular activities should be required. Extra Curriculars teach students many things like working with the people around you. Students npow a days like to sit at home and do no moving or exercising and that can lead to lots of very unhealthy habits 

• Yes, I think everyone should be required to take an extra curricular activities. Because, if it is something that involves sprots it help kids meet new people and be forced into a team and learn how to work with other kids. It also gets kids doing activities and not being so lazy it forces them to get up and move around. 

• In my opinion I believe that everyone should be involved in an extracurricular activity because it will take up some of the time from sitting at home. I believe if you don't want to be in sports then at least sign up for a club. I think it will definetly help with social skills because your around other people.

• I agree with this, I would say you should sign up for an extra acivity if you have nothing to do. This way you can still be invovled with the school rather than doing nothing. Theres plenty of clubs you could do if you didn't wanna do a sport. 

• Yes I believe that everyone should be involved in an extracurricular activity. I don't think that it has to be involved in a sport. It could be a club or something like that.  I think that clubs and sports are good for the youth and they help you make friends and meet new people.

• I don't think that students should be required to take any extra curricular activities in school, they should be optional. This would defeat the purpose of extra-curriculars and if students aren't interested in anything, aren't good at anything, or don't have enough time for anything than they shouldn't have to take anything. This could improve social skills but if student's just aren't interested, they're less likely to be involved.

• I agree, If students don't like it or just aren't very good at it their not gonna wanna put their full effort into it. I do think it can improve their social skills but it won't help unless they get invovled, which is unlikely if they don't like what their doing. 

• I think that students should be able to decide if they would like to take an extracurricular activity. Schools forcing students to be in an extracurricular activity is not right. Students may not have extra time to do things like this. It is not freedom if someone it forced to do something. In my opinion, it does not seem right to force something to do something. 

• I don't think students should be forced to be in an extra curricular activity. They should get to choose if they want to spend the extra time and effort for activities outside of school. i think students should have the choice. Some people just have other, more important things, like jobs or other sport teams. 

• No, because sometimes playing a sport while still having school it takes up a lot of time. It doesn't leave much time to get homework done, eat supper, shower, and get ready for the next day. I do think sports help with social skills though, doing sports keeps you involved, healthy, and in shape. Doing sports with other people really helps you make new friends, and helps learn how to make conversation with others.  

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker