Should students be able to leave for lunch

A lot of people think that they should be able to leave school during lunch. If students are able to leave school during school it will help them handle responsibility better. It could also help students with their time management skills because they would have to plan how much time it would take to eat.

If students have a D or F in a class then they should not be able to leave during lunch. They also should not be able to leave if they have a detention or ISS. Another way students could leave is if they have a car to drive them to the place. Some students have a lot of stress so if students leave it will give them the energy for the rest of the day.

Do you think students should be able to?

What grade should you be in to leave for lunch?

htps://nhsnews.org/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think students should be able to leave for lunch. Some people might choose not to leave because they don't want to spend more money, but I think most people would leave mostly to get a break from being in school. I think you should have to have a C or maybe D or above to be able to leave to eat lunch. 

• I think it makes sense for students to be allowed to leave for lunch if they have a license. I do think that grades coming into play would be greatly beneficial. This would be a way to push students to keep their grades up.

• I think that students should be allowed to leave for lunch. I think that it could help them manage their time better and organize better. I think juniors and seniors should be the ones allowed to leave for lunch. I understand why the school doesn't let evry grade but I think juniors and seniors are responsible enough to do it. 

• I think that students should be able to leave for lunch in their Sophomore year, as long as they are 16. You are then able to drive, and you are deemed responsible by the state as of that point. I also think you should make good grades, If you aren't making good grades then you shouldn't;t be able to leave. 

• I think that students should be allowed to leave school for lunch. If the student gets good grades, is responsible, and has a licsense I think it should be okay for them to leave. Although I do understand why the school doesn't let everyone, it could become a problem. 

•  I think that students should be able to leave if they are passing all of their classes. Not allowing students to leave just seems like micro-managing to me. If you have the means to get from the school to where you're going and be able to make it to sixth hour on time, then I don't see why we can't leave.

• I think being able to leave for lunch can be very helpful for students who are responsible and keep their grades up. I say this because school can be a lot of work and stress for some students. So being able to leave and get some fresh air after staying in one building all day is a way to take a break and have some free time just for you. Although, I think that being able to leave for lunch is a very good idea not everyone should be able to do it. I think that freshmen should not be able to leave for lunch because they don’t yet have their licenses to be able to go anywhere, so it is a lot easier for them to get in trouble and get their permits taken away.

• I think that juniors and seniors should be able to leave for lunch BUT I also believe they should still have rules like all passing grades must be 16 (as most are) also their parents should have to fill out a form and I still think they should have to check out so it isn't on the school if they get hurt. So yes, students should be able to leave school.

• I think that juniors and seniors should be able to leave school for lunch. Of course, this privelage should only be allowed for students who are passing all of their classes. I think that as long as you have your license, you should be able to leave school as long as you have your license.

• I think students in their sophmore year and up should be able to leave school because they actually have a license. School food is not always the best, especially in quality, and cold lunch can get real old but going to a fast food restaurant or a gas station would improve lunch.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker