Should Student Be Able To Carry Guns On Campus?

A handful of states are wondering if student should be able to carry guns at school. Seven states already let people  21 and older to carry, under certain circumstances. Texas is passing a bill to let students carry. More states are considering it. It is a big concern to some people, but some actually like the idea. Students feel like they should have some sort of protection while at school. As of right now, this law is just passing for colleges. The debate may carry for high schools.

I feel like this isn't the greatest idea. I think people may take advantage of it, I have a feeling more shootings will happen if young kids have guns on them. It is for the students to feel protected but I honestly think I would feel less protected?

Questions: Do you think college campuses should let students carry? Would you feel safer if you and your classmates got to carry? 

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good choice of topic! Well done!

• as long they have the permit to carry the weapon then they can. I think that it can be safe under some circumstances because they can be used as self defense but there are the cons about the possible of more school shootings.

• No, I don't think college campuses should allow students to carry.  This could result in even more tragedies  No, I would be worried they would shoot me.

• Students should be able to only if they have a certification and if they have taken a class to learn how to use their firearm. Like me i've taken class and would probably feel a lot safer if i could carry my own firearm, people need protection a lot of stupid things happen to college students.

• I don't think that it's a good idea that college campuses should let students carry guns. In schools or colleges there is barely ever a need to protect you own. And if if there is a shooting going on, if many students would have a gun it would probably just escalate. I wouldn't feel safer if my classmates or me would have a gun during class. 

• Honestly, I don't know think a gun makes anything safer, it causes more harm and danger. I would not feel safe if someone was carrying a gun.

• I think students shouldn't be the ones to carry the guns, but I think teachers should in case of emergencies. 

• I think its a horrible idea. There going to have way more problems with guns. PEople go crazy and will use it the wrong way!

• Colleges should let kids who have taken the course and no criminal background carry. It would be more safe for everyone if if someone can fire back. Highschools on the other hand should not be allowed unless you are a teacher who meets certain protocol.

• I agree. High schools should not. That seems very risky. But I agree, students should have to take courses. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker