should the semester test be changed?

every year in school we have semester test and years before we would always have open campus and be just fine. our new principal is making it so freshman and sophomores will not have open campus. 

every school has semester test and have there way of doing it. Our schools way was just fine. We had more time in between classes and were able to sit longer or even go somewhere for lunch. this year if it does go to the new way no one is going to like it. We only have 5 minutes in between classes and would not have any time to study. classes are longer when usually people get done way before the hour. lunch is only 35 min long and that still would be not enough time to study. If you have a D or an F in any class you will have to come friday for the make up day. the make up day was usually for people who missed the days before and need to come take the test.

In my opinion I think that we should just stay how we have been doing it and it will be better for the kids and teachers.

Do you think our semester test schedule should change? why or why not?

how would this benefit you if it changes?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think the semester test schedule should have gotten changed. The old one was just so much better, we had more time to do things like study and eat. The 30 minutes between classes were perfect, if you needed to use the restroom after not being able to go for a whole hour you could do it without having to worry about being late, and the hour-long lunch gave us enough time to study, eat and focus. I honestly don't think there was any need for the change.   

• I don't think it should have changed now i get why she would change it but she could have waited to see how it went this year and if it went poorly then she could change it. she did say that we could show up to school at anytime or leave early depending on when our study hall lands but she said once freshman and sophmores get to school you cant leave unless you have a study hall at the end of the day.

• I dont think the principle should change everything when she just got here.  I think she should see how this year goes before changing everything.  I think its dumb that 9th and 10th have to stay at the school. I have a class I dont have a test in than lunch than study hall. I dont think its okay to stay at school when not needed. Last year there wasnt a problem and I dont think she should change it. 

• I agree with you becasue the test ruins a lot of stuff such as studying and ruins the only days we have open campus.

• I definately think that semester tests should be changed. I feel they should be how it was last year because it worked just fine. I feel that everyone in the highschool should have open campus during lunch I find it dumb that freshmen and sophmores don't and junors and senors do.

• As a freshman, I haven't been able to experience the previous semester test schedule. I do see how this new schedule introduces new problems for students by limiting study time, open campus time, and break time during classes. Personally, if the schedule were to change I would benefit from more time inbetween classes. I think it would help me clear my head before taking another hour long test, and allow me to focus better. 

• I liked the way the semester test schedule was last year. I feel that the open campus made taking the long tests more bearable. Making us sit in the study hall isn't fun. I feel people will be upset and bored. 

• I agree with you becasue the test ruins a lot of stuff such as studying and ruins the only days we have open campus.

• I think that the semester test schedule from last year was perfectly fine, why should be have to change it. I believe that it is a huge benefit you have a half hour inbetween classes. In the new schedule we only have 5 minutes. Take the old schedule and make it that new one. 

• I think it should because it gives people a chance to leave the school for lunch and to go home. If they don't a lot of the people will just leave the school and they will probably have more of a problem. I like that the first hour is for help from teachers and stuff, but why wouldn't we just make it the same as every other year?

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker