Should Schools Have Charging Stations in the Classroom?

Do you keep forgetting to charge your computer at home? Many students would enjoy having charging stations at school, However many teachers would not. There are many pros and cons to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. Who's side of this topic should schools support?

There are many pros to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. If there were chargers in the classroom environment then every student would have a charged computer. Also if there were chargers in a classroom environment students would not be required to charge their computers at home. Another reason having computer chargers in the classroom would be a good thing is that the school would have no need to give chargers out to students and then the school would not have to worry about students losing or breaking chargers as much.

However, There are also many cons to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. If there were chargers in the classroom environment then most students would be taking advantage of it and there would be so many chargers that people could trip over the chargers and get hurt. Also the amount of electricity it would take during the school day to charge everyone's computers would be immense and could cause electrical fires, power outages and massive electrical bills. Also it could make teachers only sit at their desks, for it would be hard to get across the classroom to help a student or teach face to face.

In my opinion, I think having chargers in the classroom would be a great idea. I am somebody who forgets to charge their computer at night and it would be very nice to see the school make some changes for those types of students. Also, since schools are very tech run, it would be a good change in my opinion as the world goes into technology more and more. I think that schools will eventually do this because schools will start to see students' grades drop just because they don't have a charged computer for the school day.

All in all, there are many pros and cons to having chargers and charging stations in classrooms. Many students would be happy with this change, although many teachers would not be happy with this change. Charging stations would be a very unique addition to the classroom environment, however, is this addition worth the effort?

Do you think having charging stations should be placed into classrooms?

Would you use a charging station if they were in the classroom?

How would this new addition help you?

https://blog.tripplite.com/why-does-your-school-need-classroom-charging-stations

https://www.bretford.com/blog/why-are-charging-stations-necessary-in-a-classroom/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I feel like the charging stations in the classroom would be nice because if you are late to school, you can charge your computer without having to worry about anything. Then teachers can't yell at you for not having your computer charged. 

• I think that having charging stations in rooms would help a lot for the kids. It might even help kids not be on their phones in class and not have their phones because they would have them charging on the stations. So all in all I think it would be a great addition.

• I also think that charging stations in rooms would help kids because they would have charged devices.

• I think there should be charging stations in every school. Becuase in middle school if our computer was dead we were able to take it to the library and charge it. I wish they had that in the highschool. I never have my computer charged at school and most of the teachers dont like when I plug it in during class. 

• I personally think that charging stations should be a thing in school. I think this because I sometimes forget to charge my computer and I would love to have a place to charge up. It also makes sure that if you didn't charge up that there's nothing to worry about since we would have charging stations.

• Having charging stations is a good idea. Lots of people forget to charge there computers and/or forget to bring a charger. having a place to charge a computer in school would help when students can't do work because of a dead computer. 

• I agree that having charging stations would be a very good idea I personally forget to bring my charger.

• I think that if there was a charging station in a classroom it would definently be beneficial. Many people are in extra curriculars and go home tired. If they are tired they will probably forget to charge their computers. THis could also be beneficial if they need the computer during class.

• In my personal opinion, I think that it would be a great idea for classrooms to have charging stations somewhere in the classroom. I think that it would be a great way to eliminate any risk of a students computer dying and them not have the ability to complete their school work. Since a lot of students, like myself, often forget to charge them before school and this would help tremendously.

• I think that having chargers at school is a good thing but also the amount of people at a station and times and schedules would run into eachother and in all just having your own charger would be fine considering thats what we do now.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker