Should Schools Have Charging Stations in the Classroom?

Do you keep forgetting to charge your computer at home? Many students would enjoy having charging stations at school, However many teachers would not. There are many pros and cons to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. Who's side of this topic should schools support?

There are many pros to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. If there were chargers in the classroom environment then every student would have a charged computer. Also if there were chargers in a classroom environment students would not be required to charge their computers at home. Another reason having computer chargers in the classroom would be a good thing is that the school would have no need to give chargers out to students and then the school would not have to worry about students losing or breaking chargers as much.

However, There are also many cons to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. If there were chargers in the classroom environment then most students would be taking advantage of it and there would be so many chargers that people could trip over the chargers and get hurt. Also the amount of electricity it would take during the school day to charge everyone's computers would be immense and could cause electrical fires, power outages and massive electrical bills. Also it could make teachers only sit at their desks, for it would be hard to get across the classroom to help a student or teach face to face.

In my opinion, I think having chargers in the classroom would be a great idea. I am somebody who forgets to charge their computer at night and it would be very nice to see the school make some changes for those types of students. Also, since schools are very tech run, it would be a good change in my opinion as the world goes into technology more and more. I think that schools will eventually do this because schools will start to see students' grades drop just because they don't have a charged computer for the school day.

All in all, there are many pros and cons to having chargers and charging stations in classrooms. Many students would be happy with this change, although many teachers would not be happy with this change. Charging stations would be a very unique addition to the classroom environment, however, is this addition worth the effort?

Do you think having charging stations should be placed into classrooms?

Would you use a charging station if they were in the classroom?

How would this new addition help you?

https://blog.tripplite.com/why-does-your-school-need-classroom-charging-stations

https://www.bretford.com/blog/why-are-charging-stations-necessary-in-a-classroom/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think this would be a great idea for some. Charging it the night before would probably be better than having to charge it at school.  I think I wouldn't use the charging station just because I charge it every night. This addition probably wouldn't help me, but might help others that may need a quick charge.

• Yes I think should be placed in classrooms some people can't afford to get new phones so there will die faster and if they need to get a hold of their mom they can’t their charging stations would have to be by the pockets we put our phones in. I get a new phone every 2 years so this would not help me but I often forget to charge my AirPods so maybe this would help.

•  I believe that having the charging stations available for those who need it but I understand that it would get in the way. Maybe one option could be to have a charging station like there was when in grade school. A Lot of people forget to charge their phones so I think it would help them out tremendously. Also more people might put their phones up.

• I feel like charging staions would not be that bad of an idea. Alot of people forget to charge their phones so I think it would help them out tremedously. Also more people might put their phones up. 

• I think the idea of having charging stations for the students who need them is awesome. I feel like there are so many students that forget, which is irresponsible, but it is just a computer. It really isn't that big of a deal if you forget to charge your computer.  I feel like this type of thing should be available to the students that forget or can't charge it at home for some reason. 

• I like the thought of having the charging stations available for those who need it but I understand that it would get in the way. Maybe one option could be to have a charging station like there was when in grade school. We would put our computers on a cart then it would charge, then the school also wouldn't have to worry as much about broken computers because students would only take them home on nights that they have homework on the computers. The computers also do not need to be charged every night so if there was some nights where the computer got charged and some where it didn't then it would be fine.

• I think that having a charging station would benefit classrooms. I personally don't think that I would use a charging station because I charge my computer every other night. However, I think that this addition would be good for other students who don't remember to charge their computer.

• I think it would be great if there were charging stations in classrooms. I forget to charge my computer a lot so I would use one if it was low on charge. I think there is a lot of things we have to remember for school, like homework or a project that might be due, so taking something of that list would be very helpful. 

• I personally think that charging stations would be a great addition to classrooms. Although it is still the student's responsibility to keep our computers charged, but sometimes we forget and I think a charging station would be very beneficial. If my computer was dead I would use the charging station within the classroom.

• I would definetely use them if they were in the classroom, because me and many other students have trouble charging our computers at home

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker