Should School Be Online?

Going to school has been one of the biggest complaints from teens and children for decades. There have been so many arguments to try and compromise for their wants. Starting school later, having shorter days, and even having a shorter school year. Granted these could be put into action, but would it be easier to just have an online course?

Going chronically online has many pros and cons. Some advantages to this would be, being able to go at your own pace. Many students struggle to keep up with some of the students in class, but if they weren’t to be compared to other students, many would feel more comfortable and open with their own school work. A lot of students can’t keep up with the teacher. Everybody learns differently and at their own pace, so being able to control how much you do could also be good, obviously requirements would still have to be met. A disadvantage would be that, with an online course, there is no emotion put in with the grading. No later deadlines, everything must be done on time, and there would be no partial credit.

I personally wouldn’t want to go online. Many would argue that you get more sleep, and would have better learning opportunities being able to take your time, but I like socializing. I prefer having a connection with my teachers and peers. 

Would you want to go to school online?

What would your biggest complaint be?

Do you think it would be worth it?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you, I feel if I did online school I would lose focus, or just straight up not do it.

• I wouldn't want to have online schooling. For me, I think it is easier to learn in person so you can ask questions. I also think its easier to stay focused at school in a learning environment then it would be at home. I also like that I can see my friends at school .

• I agree with you, I'm already at home enough, I don't need to be there any longer. I think being out in the school type of environment helps the students a lot.

• I don't think that going online would be beneficial for students or teachers. I would not want online school and my biggest complaint would be the lack of interaction from teachers because they wouldn't be able to help as much as they do in person. I don't think I would learn as well and wouldn't be able to see as many people if we would go online.

• I agree with you, we would all be deprived of social interaction, and I don't think we would benefit as much, there would be so much more cheating on assignments and tests, nobody would be learning anything.

• I don't think that I would ever want to go to online schooling. I don't think that I learn as well when school is online. I like being in person and being able to receive help from the teacher. Also, I wouldn't be able to see my friends and interact with them during the day.

• I agree with you, I don't think teachers would necessarily try and understand your situations if we were online, compared to being in a public school.

• I personally think only school should not be an option because personally i like coming to school instead of taking online classes would be so boring.

• I agree with you, I think I would lose focus doing school online, I need the moments where you wake up early and wait for the bell to ring.

• I personally like normal school better. Normal school allows you to interact with other students and move from the same environment every day. My biggest complaint of online school would be that I would not see my friends and I don't concentrate the same at home. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker