Should Recreational Marijuana be Legalized in the U.S?

Do you think that recreational marijuana should be legalized in the United States? Personally, I don't think that making it legal would be a bad idea because it's not like other drugs that will ruin your life to the point where you are homeless or don't have a job. 11 of the 50 states have legalized the selling and usage of recreational marijuana these states include Alaska, Arizona California, Colorado, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, and  Washington. Most states do not allow the selling and usage of recreational marijuana, but there are other states they allow the usage of marijuana but can sell it also some states say you can use medical marijuana but can use recreational marijuana. 

Do you think marijuana should be fully legal in the US and why?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I see where you are coming from with the whole teens being able to get ahold of it easier but other than that I fully agree with you.

• It think it should be legal because less people will be going to jail for possession of marijuana. Jail costs are higher right now because people are going to jail for possession. The cost for jail could decrease if possession oof marijuana was not a crime.

• I agree that if they made it legal that it would cost less for jail.

• I think it should be very fully legal. For this reason some people use it in a good way rather like others. 

• I think that recreational marijuana should be legalized. A lot of people have serious diseases or problems that marijuana could numb the pain for them or even cure it. If you lived in a state that hasn't legalized medicial marijuana you have to drive or even move other places that have legalized it.

• I think that marijuana shouldn't be legal in the U.S. I think this because it is an addictive drug and can really harm people. It can ruin relaytionships, seperate families, and kill people. Marijuana is not a good thing to get into and should not be legal in the U.S.

• I think that it should be legal. It helps a lot of people with there health issues and most people use as a last resort. And it's not like other drugs that ruin your life and become addictive to it.

• I agree that it does help people with health issues.

• I think that Marijuna shouldn't be fully legal in the U.S. I think it should be legal to a right amount. Personally I beleive that useing that drug for medicine or is used as a perscription is ok but using it in other ways that can get people addicted isn't good at all. I think that bringing that and making it legal can change the way we look at the U.S and how other countries look at us to .

• yes i think that it should be legal because some people need the drug and they have to use it medically and I agree that it doesn't make you the same as other drugs do 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker