Should Recreational Marijuana be Legalized in the U.S?

Do you think that recreational marijuana should be legalized in the United States? Personally, I don't think that making it legal would be a bad idea because it's not like other drugs that will ruin your life to the point where you are homeless or don't have a job. 11 of the 50 states have legalized the selling and usage of recreational marijuana these states include Alaska, Arizona California, Colorado, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, and  Washington. Most states do not allow the selling and usage of recreational marijuana, but there are other states they allow the usage of marijuana but can sell it also some states say you can use medical marijuana but can use recreational marijuana. 

Do you think marijuana should be fully legal in the US and why?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and you replied well to students! Your summary is quiote brief overall.

• I think marijuna should be legal in all parts of the world, it is better than drinking and vaping and smoking, there is a lot of people that would agree and have a take in it of the poll, but I could care less if it beccame legal or not.

• I think medical marijuana should be legal. It can help people with pain and if they are in horrible pain states. But, I think recreational marijuana should not be legal. Using drugs that are used for medical purposes kind of ruins the point of it being medical when anyone can access it and use it

• I think that medial Marijuana should be legal because, It can help people that are in a lot of pain and are in a suffering state. I think recreational marijuana should be 100% illigal. Using drugs for fun is not a good, and safe way to have fun. I think that if you are caught with it, you should be charged or even taken to jail for possesion of it.

• I believe that marjuana is very important for medical use. It often helps those considered to be in a large amount of pain. Recreational use is a different story, I think that it could be used moderately to keep some people from abusing it.

• I agree with you about using it moderately so they don't end up addicted to the drug.

• I personally think that it should be legalized in America. I am not personally interested in trying but I do know people that use it to take away the stress and sleep better. if they don't make it legal they should at least lower the punishment for it. the first time you get caught with any amount in Iowa you get six months in jail or 1,000 dollars. that is too much of a punishment for people that just want to have fun.

• I honestly agree with your statement that if they don't legalize it then at least lower the punishment level.

• Yes I believe that you should be able to have recreational marijuana should be alloud for the simple fact is everyone has it and people can use it as a coping system. My mom, she has MS and when she lived in washington state she had a medical marijuana card and it helped her for awhile until she moved.

• I think that marijuana should be fully legal in the Iowa because of how much people are getting caught with it. I also feel like it shoudn't be legal because of how much tennege kids are gonna be able to get it easier then. But yea I think it should be legal in Iowa.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker