Should Police Have Body Cameras?

Police started to wear body cameras in the year  they have greatly affected the police camera. Most states have started to mandate cameras. The footage from the cameras can be used as evidence in court cases. They can also help police make sure they  are always doing what they are supposed to. They can help cath “dirty” cops or cops in the wrong

After the police shooting death of Michael Brown on August 9th, 2014 in Ferguson, Missouri, Barack Obama requested 263 million dollars to get and fund body cameras. Body cameras have helped with so much evidence. They can prove cops are not lying and see everything without having to second guess everything. 

Body cameras put extra protection for the officers and for the suspect. If they suspect sees the body camera then they might second guess themselves and realize they shouldn't be doing what they are doing.

I think cops should have body cameras because it can helo solve many cases in court and can help protect the officers and the suspects.

Do you think cops should wear body cameras?

Do you think it should be required by every state? 

What are the pros and cons of wearing body cameras?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think cops should wear body cams. So that if something bad were to happen then they would have proof to back it up. I think it should be required in every state becuase it makes it easier to prove the cop or the other people, innocent or guilty. Pros are easier to prove innocent or guilty, save a cop from being wrongfully accused. cons you can see everything the cop sees, could get the cop in control. 

• I think cops should have body cameras. I think this because sometimes cops can be in wrong too and they cameras could help prove the citizen innocent. Or it could be they other way around. The citizen could be in the wrong and the cameras could catch it. I think it should be required in every state to have body camera. I can save a lot of innocent people.

• yes i do belive the cops should be wearing body cameras as they could end up killing a suspect because they fired at them but suspects say different the body cam could tell the truth. it should be required by every state and if not used they should get 3 warnings.

• I think that cops should have body cameras. I think this because of how it protects their saftey and the suspects saftey. I believe that it should be legal in every state because stuff that happens isn't just in some states its in all states. I just think it should be required to wear them in all states.

• I think cops shoud wear body cameras. They would be very helpful pieces of evidence in trials.  Body cameras would help prove what actually happend and show the truth. I think that wearing body cameras is a easy thing that can be done to help keep prove who is innocent. 

• I personally do think that police should have body cameras. The body cameras would be able to record what the cop is approaching and what exactly happened during their encounter. Such as, if they were to get assaulted and wanted to press charges for the assault they would have proof. This camera would also be able to prove if their actions could be justified. 

• I think that all police should have body cameras. It shows if criminals or cops are doing things they shouldn't. Also, because I like the show cops. 

• I think that all cops should have body cameras because it can be used as evidence in the court of law. It can show what cops are abusing their power. Also, it can provide safety for the cop or the person. If someone made a report about a cop doing something wrong and the cop didn't actually do it, then the video could help the cop prove innocence.

• I think all cops should wear body cams and they should be required in every state and if a cop shuts them off they should be fined or somthing for it. The pros of wearing a body cam is you can hear and see the truth so if a cop lies about somthing or they need more details they will have it on camera, and i don't think there are any cons to they.

• I think police having body cameras should be required. So much has gone down because of the cops and criminals opinons on how the crime went down and how the officer reacted. Body cameras will give that evidence and show if the cop or criminal were in the right or wrong.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker