Should Police Have Body Cameras?

Police started to wear body cameras in the year  they have greatly affected the police camera. Most states have started to mandate cameras. The footage from the cameras can be used as evidence in court cases. They can also help police make sure they  are always doing what they are supposed to. They can help cath “dirty” cops or cops in the wrong

After the police shooting death of Michael Brown on August 9th, 2014 in Ferguson, Missouri, Barack Obama requested 263 million dollars to get and fund body cameras. Body cameras have helped with so much evidence. They can prove cops are not lying and see everything without having to second guess everything. 

Body cameras put extra protection for the officers and for the suspect. If they suspect sees the body camera then they might second guess themselves and realize they shouldn't be doing what they are doing.

I think cops should have body cameras because it can helo solve many cases in court and can help protect the officers and the suspects.

Do you think cops should wear body cameras?

Do you think it should be required by every state? 

What are the pros and cons of wearing body cameras?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think cops should wear body cams for their safety and others people safety and it helps a lot of people too such as the person wearing it and the people in the court becuase if there was a shooting and the cops shot the suspect that means they can go back and look on why the cop shot him/her. I think it should be required by every state for the peoples safety. The pros are self ecplanitory.

• Yes, I think cops should wear body camea because it could be used as evdience in court cases. Yes I think body camera for cops should be required by every state because I think it would save a lot of states. There are many pros like it will so the department what goes on and they really no cons for body cameras

• I think that cops should have to wear body cameras. Cameras could be used for evidence if the case goes to court and both of them are saying two different things. I think that cameras should have to be turned off when they aren't on their shift like at breaks or lunch.

• Yes, I think cops should wear body camea because it could be used as evdience in court cases. Yes I think body camera for cops should be required by every state because I think it would save a lot of states. There are many pros like it will so the department what goes on and they really no cons for body cameras.

• Yes, because like you said, the cameras come with many benefits, such as documenting edivence if needed in a court case, or just video proof of what actually happned. Yes, it should. I think all police officers should have a body camera. There really are no cons, unless you're doing something a cop shouldn't be doing. The pros are pretty self explanitory. 

• I think that cops should wear body cams so people can see what cops go through all the time and how defund the police is a bad idea because cops without any money means crime went up but when people started giving police more money crime went down and it makes sence to wear a body camera.

• I think that police officers should wear body cams because it helps to solve cases about police brutalities and cops who are not doing their job. I think that it should be required by all states just to help people feel safe that if anything happens they have video evidence to back it up.

• I think that it would be a good idea for cops to wear body cameras. There are sometimes things happening where it would be good if you could take a second look at it. I also think that people would definetly think more about what they are doing. 

• I thinhk all police should have body cameras because somehting could happen in front of them that happened. I also think its fair to everyone because they might favor some people if they know them and let them off and might give other people tickets they dont like.

• All cops should have to wear body cameras at all times because they can solve cases much easier, like if a criminal throws away or if a cop plants evidence. Every state should require body cameras.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker