Should pole vault be legal in Iowa

Pole vault is an event in track and field and a lot of people like this event and try really hard at the event, however, there are some terrible things that could happen while you are doing this event like getting severely injured from it and there have been people that have died from doing pole vault. In Iowa, pole vault Is banned Iowa schools voted 342-75 to ban the pole vault event in track the reasoning behind this is because there was a death from the event and they voted on it and the votes were out numbered for the event being banned in track. 

I think that pole vault should be legal in Iowa but they should only be able to go a certain height and they should have more padding around where you land 

Do you think that pole vault should be legal in Iowa? why?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1986-08-15-8603010140-story.html 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• i agree with this statement the coaches should not preform it I think that they should have a more experience person teach the event

• I think the pole vault should be legal because many people would like it and be good at it. This sport can be dangerous and people can get seriously hurt. However, they know the possible risks and injuries that could happen. After they know the risk they should decide is they want to do this.  I beleive this event would be a cool thing to see at track meets.

• I think it should be legal. Other sports are can also become dangerous and you can get injured as well. However, I think that the students should be taught well before doing pole vaulting and the should be a height limit for it. 

• i agree with this and other sports are dangerous and you can get injured and yes they should be taught very well

• I think that it should not be legal. I believe this because it is very dangerous activity and someone could be seriously injured when participating in such activities like this. I think that if you would want to participate in such activities, then move to a different state, if you are that passionate about it. 

• I think that it shouldn't be because if you practice and try hard enough you could probably do it without getting hurt most of the time. or maybe having more limits on the people that can do it or participate in it could lower the chances of someone getting hurt. 

• I think Iowa should legalize the pole vault. Although it can be dangerous, but aswell are alot of sports that Iowa has legalized. You can get severely injured from any sporting activity you particapte in. 

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree with this and there is possible risks and inuuries that could happen but a lot of people still want to do it in track because it is cool

• I do think that pole vaulting should be legal. It is a fun activity that could be added to our plethera of track and field activites. Pole vaulting could also be an oppertunity for athaletes to get a college scolership. They should make all of the rules like it is in other states.

• I think the pole vault should be legal becasue it is a very iconic sport and very challenging at that.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker