Should Pit Bulls Be Banned?

Do you think that Pit Bulls should be banned from the United States. I think that they shouldn’t because they are living things just like us. People think that they are mean because of they breed but its not. They are mean because the way they are treated or was treated. 

People debate on whether they should get one or not because of the history of them. Pit Bulls did use to be used for dog fighting and guard dogs. People thinking they should be banned well just think that if any dog bits people or other dogs well every dog does that. Cites state that “banning dogs should not be banned because they have been by you side for how long”. Thats basically saying that dogs have been everyones best friends for how long and now were just gonna ban them. 

https://www.procon.org/headlines/pit-bull-bans-top-2-pros-and-cons/

Shoud Pit Bulls be banned?

How do you feel about this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think pitbulls should not be banned becuase they are only as dangours as the owners make them. In the 50's they were considered nurse dogs because they were so good with kids. 

• I agree that they are only dangrous if unless the owner makes them.

• I personally don't think that the pitbull breed should be banned because, for the most part, they are harmless. And when they are aggressive it's usually because of the way they are raised or taken care of that makes them that way. I also think that most people think they are mean just by the way they look. 

• I agree that they are harmless unless they are taught to be mean.

• I think that pitbulls should be able to be allowed because they are no more dangerous than other dogs no matter how big or small the dogs are. Also what are they doing that is soo wrong? If someone breaks in and you dog attacks him they supposidly you are supposed to kill the dog is basically what your asking.

• I agree that if someone breaks in your house what are you supposed to do let them steal stuff and put down the dog because it bit the person.

• I think that they are dogs and that they are just protecting their pact. I think that they should not be banned if people can were dog collars than we can have bull dogs. I think people should just not mess with them and sometimes they are used for just protection but most of the time they are for companionship and protection.

• I agree that they are just protecting their pact.

• I think pitbulls are harmless and they shouldn't be banned at all. Most pitbulls are nice as long as ur being nice and good to them if you make them and and mess around a little to much and hit and kick them then mabey they can be mean and go out. Mos of the times pitbulls are mean when they are protecting someone or dosent trust someone they see. I think they shouldn't to banned.

• I agree that no dog should be banned because of the way they were trained.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker