Should Pit Bulls Be Banned?

Do you think that Pit Bulls should be banned from the United States. I think that they shouldn’t because they are living things just like us. People think that they are mean because of they breed but its not. They are mean because the way they are treated or was treated. 

People debate on whether they should get one or not because of the history of them. Pit Bulls did use to be used for dog fighting and guard dogs. People thinking they should be banned well just think that if any dog bits people or other dogs well every dog does that. Cites state that “banning dogs should not be banned because they have been by you side for how long”. Thats basically saying that dogs have been everyones best friends for how long and now were just gonna ban them. 

https://www.procon.org/headlines/pit-bull-bans-top-2-pros-and-cons/

Shoud Pit Bulls be banned?

How do you feel about this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think pit bulls are harmless dogs and they shouldn't be banned. Pit bulls are only mean if you raise them the wrong way. I have 2 Shih Tzus. One is super nice and hardly ever back and the other one is mean and barks all the time. This shows just because one of the bread is mean doesn't mean all of them are 

• I agree that pitbulls are non harmful dogs and some can be mean but most are nice.

• I think Pit Bulls should stay safe and not get banned, this is unfair to the dog breed, all they do is protect themselves. most dogs do this, maybe it's their strength and jaw but they are truly nice dogs and smile anytime you treat them kindly. They're lovable and clearly people are taking advantage of this and saying their pit bull is rude and unkind when it's probably the owner that is unfair and abusive.

• I agree that it wouldn't be fair to others breed of dogs because if one breed gets ban then the others one should.

• A lot of pit bulls are nice they are just scary looking, I dont think its fair to other nice pitbulls if they get banned. Some familys have them to protect them if someone tries to break in and the ones who are mean just misunderstand the bad guys. I dont think they should be banned.

• I agree that it wouldn't be fair to the one that own a nice pitbull.

• Pit bulls are a very versatile dog sure their origin is kind of sketchy but the premise is the same every single dog has the natural urge to either defend its territory or fight for breeding rights anything for my chihuahua to a Great Dane will do these very basic tactics to secure its survival they would use  the territory tactic dog fights They eventually started can breed stronger better dogs for fighting pitbulls boxers and bull terriers are a result of this heinous profiteering. it's not just pitbulls that should end up getting a bad rap the dogs I just listed should be getting the same if not worse treatment in pitbulls pit bulls were only recently accepted into breed-Hood  and has  less of a criminal record even though I'm citing evidence to support they should be banned all dogs are different  the way the dog treats the human  is directly related to the way the human treats the dog.

• I agree that they shouldnt have a bad rep because of what happen how many years ago.

• I like pitbulls and I don't think that they should be banned. Pitbulls actions all depends on how they were raised wether they are going to be agressive or they are going to be a gental giant. Just because of there bad history doen't mean the all are like that.

• I agree their only mean if they are trained to be mean or abused when they are growing up.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker