Should Pit Bulls Be Banned?

Do you think that Pit Bulls should be banned from the United States. I think that they shouldn’t because they are living things just like us. People think that they are mean because of they breed but its not. They are mean because the way they are treated or was treated. 

People debate on whether they should get one or not because of the history of them. Pit Bulls did use to be used for dog fighting and guard dogs. People thinking they should be banned well just think that if any dog bits people or other dogs well every dog does that. Cites state that “banning dogs should not be banned because they have been by you side for how long”. Thats basically saying that dogs have been everyones best friends for how long and now were just gonna ban them. 

https://www.procon.org/headlines/pit-bull-bans-top-2-pros-and-cons/

Shoud Pit Bulls be banned?

How do you feel about this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree if they are raised really bad then they are gonna be mean dogs and not friendly.

•  In my opinion, I believe that Pit Bulls should not be banned. In today's world, pit bulls have a bad reputation and bias against them, yet in my experience, little dogs are usually the ones that aren't behaved because they can get away with it. Pit Bulls are living beings too, and they don't deserve this negative bias against them.

• I agree they do have a bad reputation but otherwise they are amazing dogs.

• I think that pit bulls should not be banned. They are living animals that can do no harm if they are raised right. If people use them as fighting dogs then the humans should get in trouble for it. Some people use them as guard dogs which is okay as long as they can keep them under control.

• I agree if they are raised right then their not gonna be a dangrous dog unless they get abused.

• I don't think that pitbulls should be banned. Every dog needs special treatment - independent from their breed. Of course, there might be breeds where you need more knowledge about them in order to be safe. However, pitbulls can also be very kind and friendly. 

• I agree that all dogs need to be treated the same and yes they can be really friendly.

• I don't think pitbulls should be banned. They are dangerous dogs but they have the right to live just like us. However, I think they should be more controlled dogs, people should be more careful with them and there should be restrictions for them like having to walk them on a leash or making them wear a muzzle when being in public areas.

• I agree they can be dangerous dogs but not all of them are.

• No, I don't think pitbulls should be banned. They need homes and we can't just get rid of them for good. Any dog breed can be dangerous and not all pitbulls are mean. As long as the owners have them under control and take care of them, they should not be banned.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker