Should Pit Bulls Be Banned?

Do you think that Pit Bulls should be banned from the United States. I think that they shouldn’t because they are living things just like us. People think that they are mean because of they breed but its not. They are mean because the way they are treated or was treated. 

People debate on whether they should get one or not because of the history of them. Pit Bulls did use to be used for dog fighting and guard dogs. People thinking they should be banned well just think that if any dog bits people or other dogs well every dog does that. Cites state that “banning dogs should not be banned because they have been by you side for how long”. Thats basically saying that dogs have been everyones best friends for how long and now were just gonna ban them. 

https://www.procon.org/headlines/pit-bull-bans-top-2-pros-and-cons/

Shoud Pit Bulls be banned?

How do you feel about this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree that you cant just get rid of them because they bit someone thats just because of their owner didn't train it right.

• I dont think that pitt bulls should be banned because most of pitbulls are not bad and dangerous. Any dog can be dangerous if you train it to be. I think that if the dog is being taken care of and does not fight and is not agressive then it should be legal to have.

• I agree that most pitbulls are not mean and not all of them are bad.

• No, I don't think pitbulls should be banned because many pitbulls aren't that bad. It really depend on their owners that take proper care of them or even train them.  Personally to me I think pitbulls aren't really that bad. It just the way there breed is they can be agressive.

• I agree that pitbulls are not bad at all because of their owners mistakes on training.

• No I dont think pit bulls should be banned. Because, many pit bulls are not bad and its there owners that dont take proper care of them and pit bull are an agressive dog and I think owners should know that before they get one. I have a pit bull and hes the biggest baby and lets me get so close to his face without doing anything so no I dont think they should be banned. 

• I agree that Pit bulls shouldn't be banned because of one mistake they make. 

• In my opinion, I don't think pit bulls should be banned.  If the dog does bit someone it is the owner's fault as they didn't get the right training to be able to be in control of the dog.  Most of the time someone is bitten it is due to the dog feeling not safe and or scared.

• I do not think that pit bulls should be banned. they are a nonviolent breed compared to other breeds they are very friendly. pit bulls are often violent because they have been mistreated many people are afraid of them so they will hurt them and to retaliate to keep safe they become violent. pit bulls have a very hard time and are often abused just because of our fear of them. 

• I agree that they are not violent unless they are raised bad.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker