Should Pit Bulls Be Banned?

Do you think that Pit Bulls should be banned from the United States. I think that they shouldn’t because they are living things just like us. People think that they are mean because of they breed but its not. They are mean because the way they are treated or was treated. 

People debate on whether they should get one or not because of the history of them. Pit Bulls did use to be used for dog fighting and guard dogs. People thinking they should be banned well just think that if any dog bits people or other dogs well every dog does that. Cites state that “banning dogs should not be banned because they have been by you side for how long”. Thats basically saying that dogs have been everyones best friends for how long and now were just gonna ban them. 

https://www.procon.org/headlines/pit-bull-bans-top-2-pros-and-cons/

Shoud Pit Bulls be banned?

How do you feel about this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I do not think pit bulls should be banned. However, I think that the owners should be required to take a short course or watch a video on how to properly raise pit bulls. Pit bulls can be very dangerous if they are treated the wrong way. But any dog could be dangerous depending on the way you raise it. 

• I agree that they should be required to take short training on how to take care of them so they are not mean.

•  I do not think pit bulls should be banned in my opinion. If all people could take care of there dogs and treat them right them they wouldn't have to be scared. There are many nice pit bulls and they are good dogs. I watch this youtube channel that has a bunch of giant pitbulls and they are nice dogs.

• I have seen the youtube channel and all of his dogs are nice and i believe if they are treated right then they will be nice.

• I dont think pitbulls should be banned. I think it all depends on how the pitbull was raised because ive met plenty of nice pitbulls that wouldnt hurt a fly that were treated and raised nicely. Im personally more afraid of like small dogs so if people want to ban pitbulls if they but I think it shoud be the same for all dogs. 

• I agree that pitbulls should not be banned because of one bad thing they do.

• I don't think that pit bulls should be banned. They don't deserve the reputation that has been put on them. With training and having the right owner, they most likely are not dangerous. I personally would not own a pit bull, only because I prefer different breeds.

• I agree if they are raised and trained right they are wonderful dogs. 

• No, I feel like pit bulls should be treated like any other dog. I think people are just scared of pit bulls because they have had experience with them by hear ing stories or whatever. Also, I believe that pit bulls are the way they are because of how they were raised. Any dog can come out and be mean depending on how they were raised. 

• I agree that people are only scared of pitbulls because of hearing story of one dog attacking a person or other animals.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker