Should passing periods be longer?

Passing periods are three minutes long but is this enough time? Students need to use the restroom sometime during the day and even need to fill their water bottles but is three minutes long enough to do this and get to class on time? I find myself getting late to class all the time by walking upstairs and going to the bathroom before class. Students have to ask to leave class and go to the bathroom but this cuts into students' learning time. Last year we had four minute passing periods and I always got to class on time and found it much more convenient. 

Should passing periods be longer?

Do you find it hard to get to class on time?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Glad you got this posted! Good topic choice but your summary is brief and you only commented a few times.

• Personally I think that passing periods are much shorter than they should be since it is very hard for people to fill up their water bottles and be able to make it to their class in three minutes. I think they should make passing periods 5 minutes longs so you can go to the bathroom and still make it to class on time.

• I think passing periods are very short. Three minutes is just barely enough time. Espacially, when you go from PE to chemistry. I think that they schould extend them on one minute or so. Not too much, but just enough that you do not get stressed that you won't be on time.

• I miss the four minute passing periods cause I always fill my water bottle and I guess I just walk slow cause I always walk in the door as soon as the bell rings. If we had it back I'm sure people wouldn't mind cuz it would save a lot of people from tardies.

• Although I only struggle to get to one class in the morning due to getting out late from the previous class, I still believe that our passing periods should be longer. Many students need to get from opposite sides of the school, and for some, that can be tough. By giving us a longer passing time, students are able to comfortably get to their next class while also getting time to do other things, such as using the restroom. 

• I personally think that the passing periods should be longer especially if you have to go from one end of the school to another, then on top of that go to the bathroom. Although there are many people that take advantage and mess around during the beginning of class after asking to go to the bathroom.

• I am a strong believer that passing periods should be longer than what they currently are. I think it is outrageous that the school administration and teachers expect us to get from class to class in such a small amount of time. Especially since you can have PE and then a class all the way upstairs on the opposite side of the school. It leaves vertually no time to use the restroom between classes either. 

• I think that passing periods should be longer because you don't even have enough time to go to the bathroom and make it to your class. Also, it can be annoying to have to go from a downstairs class like PE, all the way up to an upstairs class with little time.

• I think passing periods should be longer. People stop in the bathrooms and stuff like that. If people end up late from going to the bathroom, the teacher gets mad. But if students ask the teacher to go to the bathroom during class, the teachers also get mad at that too. I don't think it's hard to get to class on time unless I'm coming from upstairs or something like that. 

• I think the passing periods should be longer. Like how everyone has to hurt to there next class like if you are in PE then have a class upstares next is tuff. Also you know how teachers say you should have gone to the bathroom before class but you didn't have time so it is not just helpful to us.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker