Should high school students have jobs

With the legal age to hire being 14 most high school students get jobs around that time. Most do it so they can buy their own things and be able to pay for things like gas or diesel for their vehicles. Having a job during your high school years can have many pros but at the same time it can have many cons too. 

One good thing about high schoolers having jobs is it gives them the opportunity to earn their own money and learn how to save their money. They can also learn how to control their money and be more responsible with the way they spend it. Having a job in high school can also teach you the importance of time management and how to balance your schedule. It also has been proven that high school students with jobs are less likely to get into trouble since their days are filled. 

A bad thing about high schoolers having jobs is that it can hurt their academic performances since they don't have time outside of school to do their homework, especially students who have sports and then work right after. During high school is a time for people to make memories and have fun. Students that have jobs don't have as much time for them to have fun or make the memories that they're going to value the most or learn important life lessons from. 

I personally think that high schoolers should have jobs even though you wouldn't get as much time to have fun or make memories, there's always time for that stuff when you're not working. Having a job at a young age and learning the responsibilities that come with it will also help benefit you as a worker when you're older and move out of your parents home. It’ll also give you a head start at something in the real world so you're not having to rely on your parents to help you all the time when you're on your own.

Do you think high schoolers should have jobs? 

Do you think having a job during highschool will be beneficial to you as an adult? 

https://www.waldenu.edu/online-doctoral-programs/doctor-of-education/resource/pros-and-cons-of-working-a-job-in-high-school#:~:text=Having%20a%20job%20gives%20students,can%20teach%20time%2Dmanagement%20skills.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Kids should have a job in highschool. Having a job is like the real world. In school we are taught all these things that will probably mean nothing. Having a job shows kids what it is like to have to have a work ethic. This would prepare students for the real world.

• Having a job while you are in highschool is something important and is something that every highschool student should try and do/have. You can learn valuable life skills while you are working and it will also help you in the future when you are looking for a job becasue it is on your job resume. 

• I think that having a job as a highschooler is benefits you can put it on other resumes and ith shows that from a young age that you have responsibility and self control. while some may argue that kids shouldn't have that kind of stress on them while they are in school ultimately the job you are at should not be stressful and if it is then its is not a good job for you

• I think that having a job in high school is an important thing. Having a job in high school teaches children how the real world is like. One thing that the job could teach is showing up. One of the most important things you can do, is just show up. Businesses want people who will actually come in and not call in all the time.

• I think that having a job as a high schooler can be a good thing. It can benefit them for their future jobs as well. It will also teach them how to handle and manage money at a young age, which is something a lot of people struggle with even as an adult.

• I think that it should be a choice for having a job, but i do think highschoolers should have jobs because it will help them make more money and it will help them in the future. it could help with getting other jobs because you would have experience it would also help in college so you could pay for it and not have any debt after it.

• I think that some people can have jobs and some people just cant handle school and a job, I think that it would help people as adults because because then they will have job experience and that will help them get a job later on in life.

• I think if a highschooler wants a job they should get it. I feel it would be very helpful later on in life when they need to get an actual job or career. Jobs help teach responsibility, leadership, social skills, and other things too. I would personally want to get a job in highschool.

• I think that highschoolers should have jobs so they are able to learn how to handle money and everything for when they are on their own. Most jobs at ours age aren't gonna make then work everyday and if you aren't 16 you can't work that late anyways so they will have time for homework. Friends can be working at your job as well you can still make memories at work.

• Yes i do think high schoolers should have job because it teaches them how to save money and be responsible for showing up on time and working. I think having job during high school can easily benefit you as adult because it help get you ready for the real world.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker