For many students, a gap year offers the opportunity  to gain skills and experiences while also providing time to reflect and focus on what they want to do next.The gap year can be a great time to not only find yourself and try something new, but also prepare for college.Students use the time to volunteer, work or take on an internship to figure out what they are passionate about and what they want to get out of their future careers,although some other student also think that taking a gap year not only means you start college a year late, but also that you finish college a year late, and that is true. Also people said that students who decide to take a gap year could also lose academic momentum which is really important. If students decide to take a gap year before going to college the best advice for them would be to make a plan of action and figure out what you want to learn and experience, decide what you want to do and set a goal and stick with it.

Do you think taking a gap before going to college is a good idea?

would you take a gap after highschool?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that a gap year would be a lot easier on the mind for most people. However, that also gives people less time to focus on their careers in life. I think that this really could go either way. Personally, I don't think I would take a gap year.

• for some people it could be really beneficial to take a gab to focous on themselfs and make money for collage,however its not like that for all people.

• I feel that gap years are good for some people. I feel its good to take a gap year if your undecided and want to save your money. It justy depends on the person in my opinion.l I personaly wouldnt take one because I feel it would make me lazy and not wanna go to college. Good topic!

• yes it really depends on the person, some people are just gonna want to work and not go to collage no more and some other people would take the time for themselfs and save up for callage and keep going with the plan. like you said it really depends on the person.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker