Should Hats Be Allowed In School?

Should Students be allowed to wear hats in school?

There was a poll done by a school asking their students if they should be allowed to wear hats in school 79.5% said yes other 20.5% said no. You should be able to wear hats in school as long as it is not a distraction to class learning or if it is an inappropriate lagune or something on the hat that would be distracting to students learning.

I really do believe that you should be able to wear hats in school as long as it isn’t affecting your learning or other people's learning. Hats can be used to wear with an outfit you are wearing and students feel more comfortable wearing hats because then they don't have to get judged by other students for their hair or whatever it could be. If it is during the winter and it is cold in the school some people may be cold and would want to wear a hat, as long as you aren’t messing around with the hat and distracting other students with it you should be able to wear a hat. If it is distracting you or other students if the teachers ask you to take it off then take it off. Wearing hats wouldn't be a probably if people did mess around with them. Some people just like to wear hats because they do all the other times when they are not in school.

So personally I think you should be able to wear hats in school as long as it is not distracting your learning or other peoples learning then you should be able to if you are not and as long as it is school appropriate the hat is.

So do you think hats should be allowed in school?

Do you think hats shouldn't be allowed in school?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that hat should be aloud in school because its a way to show your style and that you are comfortable in. Yes some hats can be very distracting but if you smart about it and don’t wear a hat that has bad words on it or looks distracting. I like to think of it as a way to show individuality which is a big problem in todays world.

• I think that hats should be allowed in school, we are no longer in the 1900's its not disrespectful to wear a hat in school. a hat is an add-on to the outfit you are wearing. wearing a hat is not a horrible offense than can not be redeemed. I think people react aggressively to a person wearing a hat in school.  

• I think that hats should be allowed in school. I think that because wearing hat is a thing that everyone does. I know some schools in Iowa are allowed to wear hats but once they have something important is going on they have to take it off.

• I agree with you a lot of people wear hats and there is no reason why we can't wear them.

• I think that the no hat rule is kinda dumb. I believe that students should be able to wear hats during the school day.  Also, some might believe that wearing hats inside shows disrespect. I think that it is not a big deal and students should be allowed to wear them.

• Yes I agree it really isn't that big of a deal so we should be able to wear hats

• I think that the hat rule is not that big of a deal. Why does it matter if we wear a hat? This rule doesn't bother as much girls, but I still think its not fair that we aren't allowed to wear them. Wearing hats should not be a "priveledge" Its just an acessory.

• Sure I think hats should be allowed in school as long as they are not too distracting, or offensive.  Hats keep your head warm and hide your head from a bad hair day. I know my boyfriend likes to wear hats becasue his head gets cold because he is bald. :(

• I think that students should be able to wear their hats. I think it will be a good way to express someone but as long as is appropriate. And I also think that they are not distracting. 

• I honestly think that hats should be allowed in school as long as the hat has appropriate logos or sayings on it. If students didn't mess with the hat or distract other students with it then they should be allowed to wear it in school.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker