Should Hats Be Allowed In School?

Should Students be allowed to wear hats in school?

There was a poll done by a school asking their students if they should be allowed to wear hats in school 79.5% said yes other 20.5% said no. You should be able to wear hats in school as long as it is not a distraction to class learning or if it is an inappropriate lagune or something on the hat that would be distracting to students learning.

I really do believe that you should be able to wear hats in school as long as it isn’t affecting your learning or other people's learning. Hats can be used to wear with an outfit you are wearing and students feel more comfortable wearing hats because then they don't have to get judged by other students for their hair or whatever it could be. If it is during the winter and it is cold in the school some people may be cold and would want to wear a hat, as long as you aren’t messing around with the hat and distracting other students with it you should be able to wear a hat. If it is distracting you or other students if the teachers ask you to take it off then take it off. Wearing hats wouldn't be a probably if people did mess around with them. Some people just like to wear hats because they do all the other times when they are not in school.

So personally I think you should be able to wear hats in school as long as it is not distracting your learning or other peoples learning then you should be able to if you are not and as long as it is school appropriate the hat is.

So do you think hats should be allowed in school?

Do you think hats shouldn't be allowed in school?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think hats should be allowed in school. A long time ago hats were deemed disrespectul indoors but now theres all kinds of differnet hats and some are for fashion and the others to keep you head warm. In schools they are deemed a distraction. I can see that in some cases but some have no crazy designs and words so It should be allowed. 

• I think that hats should be allowed in school because they are not a distraction. It is not fair for people to wear stuff like elf ears and other stuff. Those are much more distracting. I do not see a problem with wearing a hat to and during school, it would not be a distraction.

• I agree with you if people can wear elf ears and cat ears we should be able to wear hats.

• Personally, I don't think students should be able to wear hats. This has been a rule for a long time and would cause arguments if changed. It could be againist some people religion or thoughts. Therefore, I think students should not be able to wear hats. 

• I don't know how it could go against someone's religion it would be fine if we wore hats in school.

• Hats haven't been allowed in school for a long time for different reasons. It's mostly out of respect, but for some people it might be part of their religion or more. I don't think there's a problem with students wearing hats in school, but there's always a reason for why something isn't allowed. 

• I 500% think that hats should be allowed in school becasue what do they do to learning in the classroom? exactly nothing so I find it kinda bull becasue it does nothing it doesn't effect learning and it really does nothing besides just having it on your head during school so no one can snatch it off without you noticing almost instantly.

• I think that hats should be allowed in school. I do not think that it is that big of deal to have hats. I think that hats are not a distraction. I also think that hats can show more diverty of style for the children at school. I do not see why we are not allowed to.

• I think that hats should be allowed in school, I don't see how it would be inappropriate to wear them. Hats add to style to outfits and can make someone look better. I hget that it may cause some attention issue but people need to get over that.

• Yes. Hats should be allowed in school, I don't see how it would be inappropriate to wear them. Hats add to people's style and can make someone look better. Hats are just like any other accessories, such as jewelry, makeup, and hair. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker