Should Hats Be Allowed In School?

Should Students be allowed to wear hats in school?

There was a poll done by a school asking their students if they should be allowed to wear hats in school 79.5% said yes other 20.5% said no. You should be able to wear hats in school as long as it is not a distraction to class learning or if it is an inappropriate lagune or something on the hat that would be distracting to students learning.

I really do believe that you should be able to wear hats in school as long as it isn’t affecting your learning or other people's learning. Hats can be used to wear with an outfit you are wearing and students feel more comfortable wearing hats because then they don't have to get judged by other students for their hair or whatever it could be. If it is during the winter and it is cold in the school some people may be cold and would want to wear a hat, as long as you aren’t messing around with the hat and distracting other students with it you should be able to wear a hat. If it is distracting you or other students if the teachers ask you to take it off then take it off. Wearing hats wouldn't be a probably if people did mess around with them. Some people just like to wear hats because they do all the other times when they are not in school.

So personally I think you should be able to wear hats in school as long as it is not distracting your learning or other peoples learning then you should be able to if you are not and as long as it is school appropriate the hat is.

So do you think hats should be allowed in school?

Do you think hats shouldn't be allowed in school?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good effort Mitchell! Your summary could be a bit longer and you could have replied back to students more frequently as well. This topic has been done before.

• I think that school should allow hats. As long as the hat meets dress code like images and words wise than it should be no problem with it. Wereing a hat should equal wearing a graphic tee. Hats are really just another chance for students to express themselves and should not punish all students instead of the problem people.

• I think that hats should be aloud in school. For the students, it can make them feel more comfortable and safer. The school shouldn't have to take off their hates. I do understand if it was for saftey measures, but in most cases it isn't. Over all, I think that students should be able to wear hats.

• I believe that schools should allow hats in school. I don't see the problem with hats unless it have like guns or bad words/phrases on it. I think that is should be similar to the dress code for clothing rules. I think that if it is distracting then they would be able to wear that hat.

• I think that hats should be allowed in school unless its a big disraction from kids learning and teachers helping in the classroom. But other than that, I do not see a huge problem in a peice of clothing. If hats are not allowed neither should ear rings.

• I don't really think that hats are that big of a deal. I agree that they should not punish you for wearing one, however I personally would not wear one.

•  In my opinion, I think that students should be allowed to wear hats during school. As long as they are being respectful and not wearing it as a distraction. I know a lot of students would enjoy wearing them during class and I hear others complain about not being able to wear them. 

• I think that students should be allowed to wear hats during school. As long as they are wearing them appropriately and the hats are offensive there should be no issue. I don't see it being disrespectful or a distraction. If people can dress like dogs, why can't students wear hats.

• I think hats don't really matter if you do or do not wear one in schoo. I think as long as people aren't swinging them around and messing around and dont being a disraction. I think that students should be able to wear them as long as they don't have anything innapropriate things on them.

• I think hats should be allowed to wear at school as long as they are not a distraction. If anything things like dog collars and what not should not be allowed. Hats are definitely not as distracting and if they are not innapropriate they should be allowed.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker