Should Harlan have early outs every week?

Besides a day off of school, early outs are the next top thing for some of a student's favorite days. There has always been an idea and theory that an early out once a week for schools should be mandatory and useful for the school. Some people are for this idea and many others aren’t. Around the world, some schools have early outs once a week. Harlan doesn’t, but should that change?

Some of the pros that would come with a weekly early out would be giving students more time for mental health and homework. I think some teachers sometimes feel like they do not give a lot of homework, but when every teacher for every class gives “a little” homework, it all adds up. Sometimes students struggle to finish it all while trying to balance family, sports, jobs, and more. Giving an early out once a week could be a helpful idea for those who struggle with finding the time. Another pro is when a student is given more time, the school will begin to see overall academic improvement. Schools would see fewer failing grades and better test scores overall. 

The cons of a weekly early out are the problem of the teachers having to plan around it. Some teachers struggle with fitting their longer lessons into shorter days. It also gives students less time in class to retain and learn the material being taught. Another problem is the transportation issue. This could lead to some students being home alone on these days due to parents' work schedules. It also messes with people's extracurricular activities. Some sports may struggle with the once-a-week time change, and it could even mess up game and practice times. 

Overall, I think that the benefits of a weekly early out outweigh the cons of them. I think that the school could see such an increase in grades and scores within the classrooms. I think that it also gives teachers more planning time and more time to spend with their families and friends. 

Do you think Harlan schools should have early outs every week?

Do you think early outs would help students out?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think Harlan schools schold have a early out every week for many different reasons such as I think every kid needs a break every once in a while and I dont think we should have school five days of week for 8 hours a day that early out would help plenty of students.

• I would love an early out every week. However, I feel we would end up having to go to school extra days at the end of the year. I would much rather not have early outs and get out of school earlier. Also, it would be hard for teachers to teach us everything. 

• Its not that many days that it would add up to, but the extra days teachers would be able to teach us and catch up on lessons. The early outs just make it easier on us and sometimes the teachers to get caught up on work. 

• I think that early outs either every wednesday or every other would be amazing. It would give students and teachers a well deserved "break" in the middle of the week. Some kids might use that time to catch up on missing assignments or other things. Some kids might take a nap to catch up on sleep. 

• I think we should have more early outs weather its every other wednesday or every wednesday. It give kids and teacher a break from school, not everyone can go to school a full week, like when we come back from thanksgiving break and have full weeks of school for awhile, iyts just so hard for us, so i think it would be a good idea to have more earky outs, 

• I have gone to both IKM and LC and they both had early outs every wendsday and it made such a diffrence. It allowed a nice break for students. They gave us more time to study and have a mental break/ 

• Yea, both schools I went to Atlantic had a early out on Wednesday and a school in KY had a early out on Friday and it just gives us a little break to do other stuff.

• I think that Harlan schools should have early outs every week. I feel that early outs will give students more of a break from school every week and will give more time after school to do activities or more family time. I think that early outs will help students by being able to catch up with late homework or by getting better grades.

• I think it would be a good idea to have earlyouts every wednesday because it can give the kids a break. I would personally like it because I would get to go home early after practice. I think that harlan should have earlyouts every wednesday or every week. 

• I think that Harlan should have early outs one day per week. An early out is beneficial because it gives students time to rest and reset during the week. Someitmes weeks feel very long, but wiht an early out it gives you time to study and get caught up. I think there are more pros than cons.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker