Should Harlan have early outs every week?

Besides a day off of school, early outs are the next top thing for some of a student's favorite days. There has always been an idea and theory that an early out once a week for schools should be mandatory and useful for the school. Some people are for this idea and many others aren’t. Around the world, some schools have early outs once a week. Harlan doesn’t, but should that change?

Some of the pros that would come with a weekly early out would be giving students more time for mental health and homework. I think some teachers sometimes feel like they do not give a lot of homework, but when every teacher for every class gives “a little” homework, it all adds up. Sometimes students struggle to finish it all while trying to balance family, sports, jobs, and more. Giving an early out once a week could be a helpful idea for those who struggle with finding the time. Another pro is when a student is given more time, the school will begin to see overall academic improvement. Schools would see fewer failing grades and better test scores overall. 

The cons of a weekly early out are the problem of the teachers having to plan around it. Some teachers struggle with fitting their longer lessons into shorter days. It also gives students less time in class to retain and learn the material being taught. Another problem is the transportation issue. This could lead to some students being home alone on these days due to parents' work schedules. It also messes with people's extracurricular activities. Some sports may struggle with the once-a-week time change, and it could even mess up game and practice times. 

Overall, I think that the benefits of a weekly early out outweigh the cons of them. I think that the school could see such an increase in grades and scores within the classrooms. I think that it also gives teachers more planning time and more time to spend with their families and friends. 

Do you think Harlan schools should have early outs every week?

Do you think early outs would help students out?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think there are many pros and cons to having early out days more often. It would allow families more time to spend together and give students a little break during the week. There are some cons though, like, it takes time away from learning/doing work, and the schedule change may be confusing for some people.

• I think harlan should have early outs on wednesday since it is in the middle of the week or they should do it on fridays since it is the start of the weekend.

• I agree with you both of the schools I went to one school had an early out on wednesday and the other school was on Friday. They both were nice the middle of the week was like a nice little break, and Friday was nice becuase it starts the weekend. 

• I think harlan should have early outs on wednesday only. It would help students get a break and catch up. It would be less stressful on students also. It will also give students more time for extra activitys, or get help from teachers. 

• I think an early out at least once a week would benefit a student's mental health and well-being. an early out lets students focus on the things they enjoy, instead of being stressed about having to go to school.  

• I agree with you becuase early outs at my old school just gave me more free time to take my mind off of school. 

• I think that it would be very good for students to have an early out once a week, I think it would help give them time to themselves. Like you said, it would give them time for mental health and homework, so it could help. It would help give kids more time for homework every week. 

• I definetly agree with you becuase at my old schools they had ealry outs and it helped me alot with my homework and just gave me time to do the work.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker