Should everybody be able to carry guns?

There are many different oponions on this topic at this time. Some people say all people should be able to carry and some people say some people should carry. Here's what I think.  There is overall 52% of americans say that gun laws should be stricter than they are today and 30% says they should be less strict to carry today. Some people say it depends on the what gun they want to carry and who carrys it but then theres the 64% of americans who says most people shoould be able to own guns. Some people say that only certain guns should be available to carry with out a permit.

I think that all guns you  need to carry you need to have a permit. If every person in this time had a gun I think there would be way more deaths than there should be.

Do you think everybody should be able to carry guns?

Do you think the gun you carry should matter if you need a permit or not?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that not everyone should be able to carry a gun. I think that people with a history of not using guns properly and are physcotic should not be able to carry. Other than that everybody should have the opprotunity to carry a gun if they would like. I say that you should need a permit for more powerful and deadly weapons but not small handguns.

• I understand what your getting at I agree with what your aaying with the people that don't use the guns properly don't need to have them.

• I think people should be able to carry guns, but they have to be a certain age and have some permit to do so. I think that every gun should need to have a permit becuase it wouldn't be great for someone who isn't responsible with a gun to just be able to use it. 

• I believe that you have to be at least 21 to be able to carry a gun around. For example if a teenager freaks out and has a gun it could be very bad. If everyone could carry around a gun their would be a lot of mass shootings. 21 or older to carry a gun, and take a class. 

• I agree that to be able to carry a gun people should have a special permit where it shows that the person is responsible enough to carry it. A gun can be a very dangerous weapon and not everybody should have the freedom to use it. There are many gun accident and I think some could be prevented if people would have to have a permit to carry a gun.

• I personally don't think that everyone should be able to carry guns. Right now to be able to carry a gun you have to have a permit. I like that since the person carrying the weapon is experienced. A gun can be a deadly weapon and we need to make sure that the person that owns it knows what they are doing. Also if we just let whoever carry a gun there is a big possibility that more shootings could happen. 

• I believe that you have to be at least 21 to be able to carry a gun around. For example if a teenager freaks out and has a gun it could be very bad. If everyone could carry around a gun their would be a lot of mass shootings. 21 or older to carry a gun, and take a class. 

• I feel that only those who 1. don't have a criminal record 2. are licensed to wield the weapon they are currently carrying 3. have some sort of training with the firearm they are holding, should be able to carry firearms. If we gave everyone a firearm then those who don't know how to use it would most likely end up hurting themselves and others more than they want to.

• No, absolutely not If everyone were to be able to carry a gun that would be horrible. Becuase, not everyone is responsible enough to go out in public with a fire arm. I think everyone who carrys a gun needs to have a permit and go through gun control classes and safty courses. But I also think it can depend where you allow people to carry one without a permit I think here in Iowa is alright but going into bigger citys with more gangs would be very scary for people. 

• I dont believe everyone should be allowed to carry or own guns. I fully support needing a backgrund check, and not being a convitced felon. I do believe guns are one the most common reasons for most murders, homicides and suicides. Also let me bring the fact that school violance most commonly gun violance. Innocent lives have been lost to due poor restictions on gun owning. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker