Should everybody be able to carry guns?

There are many different oponions on this topic at this time. Some people say all people should be able to carry and some people say some people should carry. Here's what I think.  There is overall 52% of americans say that gun laws should be stricter than they are today and 30% says they should be less strict to carry today. Some people say it depends on the what gun they want to carry and who carrys it but then theres the 64% of americans who says most people shoould be able to own guns. Some people say that only certain guns should be available to carry with out a permit.

I think that all guns you  need to carry you need to have a permit. If every person in this time had a gun I think there would be way more deaths than there should be.

Do you think everybody should be able to carry guns?

Do you think the gun you carry should matter if you need a permit or not?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't believe everyone should be able to carry guns.  Think the easier it is for people to have guns and carry them around the more likely it is that someone could get shot or killed. I think people absolutely need a permit to carry a gun and an extremely thorough backround check.  I think this is a good topic. 

• I don't think that everyone should be able to carry a gun. I like the way it is now, by getting a permit. I think that this way would work better and would be safer for our communities. That way people that get in trouble easily with the law or have a mental illness can't be dangerous to others. 

• This is a great topic and thank you for writing about it. I don’t think that everyone should carry a gun. Some People are more responsible using them, others. But I wish before getting one you have to go through a training program for having and owning one. 

• I don't think that everyone should be able to carry a gun because of the amount of unnecessary shootings. However, I don't think guns should be banned. I think that a permit to carry the gun would be the best option.

• I do not htink that everyone should be able to carry a gun. This is a dangerous weapon with which you can do so much harm and kill people. I think you should need a special permit and reason why you should be able to buy a gun. Of course, people like police officers should have guns because of safety reasons - but there shouldn't be much more persons. 

• I think that people should have limits on who can carry a gun and who can't. People that have hurt or killed others for other reasons other than self-defense shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun. I do think that you should be required to have some type of permit to carry any type of gun.

• I don't think everybody should be able to carry gun around because if they been in trouble that can cause scene. Yes i think the gun you carry should matter if you need permit because if it big gun you shouldn't be able to carry it around without a permit.

• I don't think every body should be able to carry a gun because if someone has a really bad criminal record they shouldn't be able to because it could make things worse and there could be a shooting. I do think that all guns you need a permit because it shows that you legally have that gun and are able to carry it around.

• I do not everyone should be able to carry guns, a lot of people dont know how to carry guns and a lot of unnecessary shooting will be happening. Some people might get really mad and just shoot them or black mail them with the gun. I think you should have a license for it and you have to take multiple classes for it.

• Not everyone should have a gun. I think that would just lead to more deaths. Also if the person is known to be violent or they have a record they should not have guns. Yes, everyone who has a gun should have a permit so they can make sure that they do not have a record.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker