Should every high-school grade have open campus?

First of all what is open campus? Open campus is where students will be able to leave school premises and they can be gone for that class/lunch period depending on what they have and when they have open campus. But as long if the student doesn't have any classes or enrolled in any classes to take, also they have to sign out and they can leave and once they come back they have to sign back in and they can go to their next class. Some schools have open campus when he/she is a junior or senior and they have completed the classes they needed for high-school and when you go into college you'll have open campus. I personally think that open campus is good and I think that they shouldn't take it away and it also helps with people's work. 

Open campus is a also a good thing to prove that who's responsible and to see if they can come to school back on time and if they won't miss their class/lunch period. I think that it's a good thing to have it cause students can get what they want to eat and they won't have to the school lunch. Also it gives he/she more freedom from the school and they can probably take a nap at home if they have enough time and they will be able to eat somewhere else. Open campus also allows students to gain independence, they can socialize with friends, they can even help increase business at resturants that they go to. It also helps earn the trust to the students when they have open campus and they can study if they have a big test or they want to study for a test and if they have enough time to do during open campus. 

In my opinion, I think that they shouldn't take away open campus and I think that they should allow every high-schooler to have open campus as long as they can be responsible and they don't ruin it for themselves. If they don't want to eat at school they can leave and go somewhere else to eat during lunch and I think that everyone junior/senior that has it likes open campus.

Do you think every high-schooler should have open campus?

Do you think that they should keep open campus?

https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/open-campus#:~:text=Related%20Definitions&text=Open%20Campus%20means%20a%20policy,class%20during%20that%20class%20period.

https://www.ipl.org/essay/Benefits-Of-Open-Campus-P36G8T7ESJFR#:~:text=Having%20an%20open%20campus%20is,increase%20business%20at%20local%20restaurants.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think if your student failing in a lot of classes I don't think you should have open campus so you can focus on your grade. I think hugh schooler that have good grades should be allowed to have open campus. Yes I think they should keep open campus.

• I agree with you because some students are failing classes and they won't have open campus as long as they have their grades up and if they don't have any missing assignments too.

• I think that every high schooler should have open campus only if your grades are good enough then you should be able to walk around and be able to skip the first few minutes of class that way it gives people the idea to get better grades so they can be able to do what they want to do for a little bit longer and linger in the halls.

• I agree with you because once students start seeing other people having open campus because of good grades then they might try to have good grades therefore they can have open campus.

• I think that certain students of every grade should be able to have open campus. I think that if they can manage their grades and get their work done, there is no reason why they couldn't handle open campus. For the students that do get good grades, I think it would be a good reward.

• I agree with you because if the students have good grades and they have work done then they can open campus and have more freedom.

• I think that every grade should be able to have open campus. As highschoolers we should be able to make our own decisions. If the student were to have good grades, and behaved well then open campus would reward them for their work. 

• I agree with you because high-schoolers should be able to make their own decisions and as long as they have good grades and they behaved and they can handle it and then they can have more freedom.

• This is a great topic and thank you for writing about it. I think that juniors and seniors should have an open campus. I think that they should have an open campus as long as they can be responsible and they don't ruin it for themselves. but not every high-schooler should have it. For example, what about the people that need to work on school work but go off with their friends instead.

• I disagree because if students have been responsible and they have their grades up then they should be able to have open campus and as long they don't have homework too, but if they do they won't have open campus.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker