Should core class be required?

Core subjects are important in high school, because they help you get a field in everything you need to know. Such as math, history, english, and other ones such as financing. But should they be required? Core subjects are required because they help improve student learning, and skill acquisition. They also help students reform strategy, and are related to learning strategies, they also help people get ready for college.

Personally I think that core subjects should surround someone's career choice. If they are going into mechanics, they should make their core topic more math related, and ag related, instead of English or a topic they typically won’t use on a day to day basis. Yes, people should take English, but they should take four years of math instead of English if they are going into a career like mechanics. Core subjects should surround a person’s career choice, and not what the state thinks is best for every student, because everyone is going to want to do different things after they graduate highschool.

Do you think they should make core subject’s surround a person’s career?

What are your thoughts on core subjects?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.google.com/url?q%3Dhttps://www.edglossary.org/core-course-of-study/%2523:~:text%253DThe%252520basic%252520rationale%252520is%252520that,graduate%252520better%252520educated%252520and%252520prepared%26amp;sa%3DD%26amp;source%3Deditors%26amp;ust%3D1663041660411080%26amp;usg%3DAOvVaw3Tf33o6e0NIYHGzsc-4EbR&sa=D&source=docs&ust=1663041660414716&usg=AOvVaw3i_UUglDJuYwWNJwgvSgSh

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that specific classes should be required. However, some of the classes shouldn't be. I think that basic math and real world equations should be required, but high level math like algebra 2, not so much. Basic science should also be known. I think that english should be required because social skills will help everyone.

• I think for like freshman and sophmore year kids should take core classes and then when yuo get into junior and senior year when you know what you want to be. That's when you base your classes on your career.

• I agree with you, we shouldn't have to be required to take unuseful classes when we have already decided what carrer choice to make. Students will slack in classes they don't like, or dont think is useful to them. 

• I think they should be required, things in core classes can helpo lots of students and if it doesn't help you specifically then so be it.  But when it comes to things like 4 years of english that just unecessary. they should be required for up to 2 years then your junior you start taking things that help you crawl up to your ideal career 

• I think core classes should be required, there is some stuff that kids learn out of those classes even if you don't need them for your major. My thought on core classes is that they help in the long way special when you get out into the real world.

• I think that they should be required, there is some stuff that kids should know and should be taught. I think that they should be required to get the basics down and get what your going to use down, but doing something for all 4 years that you aren't going to use, maybe isnt necessary.

• I think that they should be required for 2 years because at that point most kids know what they want to do so they should get classes that help them reach that goal. Instead of taking classes they will never need in life. If you are going to a trade you don't need to take all these engilsh classes. 

• I believe that core classes should not be required in high school. I think that you should not take a class if you are never gonna use it in your life time. For example geometry, when are you ever going to need to use it in your life time. People should have more freedom. 

• I personally don't agree, I think that everyone should take all core classes up unitl they leave high school. I say that becasue you can change want you want to do at any point, I would want to know everything about all different subjects just incase I decide to change my profession or what I want to go to college for. I think it's important to be able to know a lot about history, math, science, and english. You never know when you'll use all of it, but you will at some point. 

• I believe that core classes should be required for freshmen and sophomores but not for juniors or seniors. When we become juniors and seniors we should kind of know what we what to do in the future or what direction we want to head in. Therefor we should pick classes that would benefit us for our future jobs. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker