Should core class be required?

Core subjects are important in high school, because they help you get a field in everything you need to know. Such as math, history, english, and other ones such as financing. But should they be required? Core subjects are required because they help improve student learning, and skill acquisition. They also help students reform strategy, and are related to learning strategies, they also help people get ready for college.

Personally I think that core subjects should surround someone's career choice. If they are going into mechanics, they should make their core topic more math related, and ag related, instead of English or a topic they typically won’t use on a day to day basis. Yes, people should take English, but they should take four years of math instead of English if they are going into a career like mechanics. Core subjects should surround a person’s career choice, and not what the state thinks is best for every student, because everyone is going to want to do different things after they graduate highschool.

Do you think they should make core subject’s surround a person’s career?

What are your thoughts on core subjects?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.google.com/url?q%3Dhttps://www.edglossary.org/core-course-of-study/%2523:~:text%253DThe%252520basic%252520rationale%252520is%252520that,graduate%252520better%252520educated%252520and%252520prepared%26amp;sa%3DD%26amp;source%3Deditors%26amp;ust%3D1663041660411080%26amp;usg%3DAOvVaw3Tf33o6e0NIYHGzsc-4EbR&sa=D&source=docs&ust=1663041660414716&usg=AOvVaw3i_UUglDJuYwWNJwgvSgSh

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think core classes should be required. They help you to find out what you dont like and do like, also they help you figute out what you want to do in the future if you havent figured out yet. It will also help you if you dont want to be a mechanic anymore, you have a beginning on math and english an science so you can posibly start a carrer in one of those.

• I think that core classes should be required to an extent. These certain class are there for students to learn and take in neccessary knowledge. I do also think that you should have the choice to take some of them from sophomore and up. I think that core classes are good for you to learn.

• I think that students should have to take core classes. These specially structured classes are made up of the basic things that people will use in their lives. I understand that some people will say that they will never use core subject lessons in their life. But I think that knowing that information will be very useful in everyday life. 

• I believe that core classes should be required in school. I think this because these core classes broaden your knowlege between subjects, so if you change your mind about a job, you will probably be prepared for it because of your core classes. These core classes also set ground line basis on what students should know in college and it helps them. I don't believe that you should be able to change what classes are required because college expects you to know the required core classes. For example, if a student does not like language arts, but was able to take another year of math instead, they could lack the knowledge of language arts in college. Since the college believed that the student should know the required language arts class, they are put into a too difficult class.

• I think that core classes should be required because it helps you a lot in college and helps spread your choices about what career paths you can take. Some people do use subjects that you don't expect to use everyday. Some subjects do actually help you in the real world.

• Personally, I think that we should have core classes required. Not only does it broaden out your options for when you graduate, but also, like you example, if you are going to be a mechanic, then you go to college to get all of the information you need to know. If you are doing a teaching job, you need to take core classes there too, so there is always more to learn in your core classes. In high school the core classes give you a basic knowlege about whatever you are learning there.

• I dont think core classes should be required. Because honestly no one really tries in them and all anyone cares about is the letter grade. So if you were to able to pick other classes to take, it could be like how to buy a house how to get a loan. Things people will actually use in there life. 

• I agree with you, forcing students to take classes they aren't interested in isn't going to make them try and harder. After you figure out your career, you should be able to take the classes needed for that job.

• I think that core classes should be required.  They all help you get ready for the future.  I personally have no idea of what I want to do when I get out of highschool.  Core classes will help keep your options open.  I do think that they should have classes for teaching life skills though.

• I don't think that they should base their carrer on what they did best in school and in their classes. I think core classes should be required. Although, I do not enjoy some of the core classes I do use a lot of them more than I relise out in the world.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker