Should car manufacturers make the older cars again.

with older vehicles people can feel more safe while others may think they are less safe because of the less safety feautures. most people like older vehicles because they look better than newer ones. but having older vehicles can have pros and cons.

the good things about older vehicles are some older vehicles look better than the new vehicles. They had steel bodies and not able to get crushed as easily because the newer metal isnt as strong as the older steel bodies. most people in todays world dont know how to drive a manual and its a good thing to know how to do. manual transmission has better gas mileage on the highway and easier to fix if the vehicle has problems because they dont have any electronics in them to fix so you can fix them yourself.  older cars dont always cost as much as the newer cars and are more likely to just buy the older vehicle so you wont have any payments.

bad things about older cars are you will have to pay full cash for the vehicle. they break down more often than newer cars. they dont have as much safety feautures as the newer cars do such as tire pressure symbols or blind spot warnings. they dont have detectors while in reverse so older vehicles wont stop by themselves if they detect an obstacle but newer cars will. some newer cars have heated seats and heated steering wheels. most newer cars have better gas mileage because you need to rev the older vehicles to get it to go. 

personally I think people should drive older vehicles for better safety if you are in a car crash but you can drive whatever you want I would personally drive older vehicles because most of them are manuals and dont have to spend as much money on repairs and they look better than newer cars.  having older cars are a good experience to have if they are manuals and you can keep that talent because a lot of people dont know how. 

http://ww2.motorists.org/blog/old-cars/

do you think people should have older vehicles?

do you think having an older vehicle would be beneficial to you?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think it would be really cool if manufacturers made classic car bodies, but had newer, more efficient engines inside of them. This way they would not break down as often, and if they did, parts would be more available. However, if the car is a classic muscle car or truck, it would be cool to see thoses bodies and engines made again.

• I think instead of making older cars again they should make cars with the same bodies or looks as the older cars but continue to make the rest of the car with the engines and stuff that they use for most cars today so they dont break down as easily as old cars do and they'll still run well. 

• I agree with that because the older styles of bodies are better looking then the newer ones but older parts might not be as reliable.

• In my opinion, I don't think they should make older cars. We have improved a lot since cars were discovered and created. Some older cars are dangerous and can be harmful to people as they could let out a harmful fume.  New cars are better for our environment like electric cars and not using fossil fuel that is harmful to our earth. 

• I do not think that car manufacturers should not make older cars. If someone has an older car, that car is more valuable. This will make more cars more valuable. Car collectors will have a larger variety of things to collect. Newer cars mean more upgrades and therefore a safer road. This may even make more new cars more affordable for those who can't afford them now.

• I think there is a reason why older vehicles aren't produced anymore. If so many people would like to drive older vehicles, I think that the companies would also produce other vehicles. However, I think that the modern cars are more safe and also better for the environment because they are more advanced. 

• I think that we should go back to older cars because they are safer and they dont break down as much as the newer cars. I think that the older cars are also better for the invironment because in some newer cars the products to make them are bad for the environement.

• i agree with that because the older cars didnt use a flimsy material like they do now so they were way safer.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker