Should car manufacturers make the older cars again.

with older vehicles people can feel more safe while others may think they are less safe because of the less safety feautures. most people like older vehicles because they look better than newer ones. but having older vehicles can have pros and cons.

the good things about older vehicles are some older vehicles look better than the new vehicles. They had steel bodies and not able to get crushed as easily because the newer metal isnt as strong as the older steel bodies. most people in todays world dont know how to drive a manual and its a good thing to know how to do. manual transmission has better gas mileage on the highway and easier to fix if the vehicle has problems because they dont have any electronics in them to fix so you can fix them yourself.  older cars dont always cost as much as the newer cars and are more likely to just buy the older vehicle so you wont have any payments.

bad things about older cars are you will have to pay full cash for the vehicle. they break down more often than newer cars. they dont have as much safety feautures as the newer cars do such as tire pressure symbols or blind spot warnings. they dont have detectors while in reverse so older vehicles wont stop by themselves if they detect an obstacle but newer cars will. some newer cars have heated seats and heated steering wheels. most newer cars have better gas mileage because you need to rev the older vehicles to get it to go. 

personally I think people should drive older vehicles for better safety if you are in a car crash but you can drive whatever you want I would personally drive older vehicles because most of them are manuals and dont have to spend as much money on repairs and they look better than newer cars.  having older cars are a good experience to have if they are manuals and you can keep that talent because a lot of people dont know how. 

http://ww2.motorists.org/blog/old-cars/

do you think people should have older vehicles?

do you think having an older vehicle would be beneficial to you?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think older vehicles arre better then new cars because the newer cars are more time consuming.The older cars I think they last longer and the newer cars you put a lot of money in them.

• I do not think they should start making older cars. There is no reason for us to go back in time. I understand some people may think they are safer but I feel cars are safer the way they are made today. The technology we have from cars has many safety features that are beneficial. 

• I do not think car manufacturers should make older cars. I dont think 5/7Olivia could've said it more perfectly. I agree with what she is saying, cars have improved a lof from back then. Cars now have a ton more safety features than cars back then. Even in your froum you said that "they dont have as much safety features as the newer cars do" but then you say that people should drive older vehicles for better safety?

• I do think that car manufactuers should make more older cars. They are way more interesting and cool than these days cars. I feel making old cars again might also make the companies more popular. I would absolutely love to own an older version car.

• Yes, I love older cars and think they are the best version of cars to ever be made. They are so much cooler and better than modern cars made today. Over the last 20 years cars have gotten so much more boring than they used to be. Obviously you couldn't have bluetooth and call people with an older car. But it would be way cooler to drive and old car than a new one. 

• i agree with that because a lot of the body styles now are pretty much the same as others so they arent that unique anymore and i have a 92 ranger that has bluetooth radio in it so if you want bluetooth you can always put one in if the vehicle can fit it 

• I think those car companies should continue to make older vehicles but limit the amount they produce and raise the price after several years. People like to collect old cars and for some vehicles, there are sometimes not that many of those cars that are in good to decent shape without adding modern materials.

• I think that old cars are definitley cooler and it would be really cool if manufacturing companies still made them especially if they had newer engines. Old cars are way easier to work on and did not break down as much. They also just last longer in general. I don't necessarrily  think they should make old ones but it would be really neat if they did.

•                       I do not think it matters owning a older or younger vehicle what ever gets you from point A to point B will do the justice of driving around for a fellow that needs transportation. I own a 1996 ford F150 and a 06 venom mustang, so yes they are both aged.

• I agree with that because it honeslty doesnt really matter as long as it gets you to where you need to be.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker