Should California have all electric cars by 2035?

If you guys have not heard california wants to have all electric cars by 2035 what is the reason for this? There are over a dozen states taking on this debate to adapt california's plan to ban gas cars by 2035. Here are some pros and cons about this. Some people say that electric cars are good in california because they have the right weather for it but First off how are car people even supposed to be car people when they have a battery for there engine. Although you can save a lot of money and electricity is renewable also enviremental impact may reduce. Lastly you may be able to take advantage of tax credits.

Now lets talk about the cons in this. Electric cars may be pricey also charging may be a very lengthy process. I personally think the worst one is you can't go as far in the electric cars than the gas cars and then when your battery is about to die it may also be challenging for you to find a gas station.  I think that california should keep the gas cars but everybody has their own opoinions.  Now that I told you about the debate you tell me what you think.

Do you think they should keep the gas cars?

Why or why not should they keep the gas cars?

Do you think it will be all electric cars by 2035 in california?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice Konnor! I do think you could have expanded a bit more with your summary. Be sure to inlcude your sources. You also only replied once. Replying back to students is worth 30 points.

• I thnk they should keep gas cars and not require everyone to go electric. Electric cars need batteries that have minerals that are required to be mined for. Then when the battery goes bad they can possibly explode. When they get set to landfills after the batteries have exploded. They have be known to explode again after the first time. We should keep gas because it can reduces the amount of cars in landfills. And gas cars can be worked on unlike electric cars. I do not think it will be all electric cars by 2035 in california.

• I believe that electric cars are better for our environment. Cars that use gas is just making our global warming worse and worse.

• In my opinion I think that California should keep gas cars. Electric cars are good but they are very expensive so a lot of people can't afford to buy one. Cars that run on gas are cheeper to purchase then a electric car.

• I personally think that California should keep gas cars running. I think they should keep them since we use a lot of transportation to keep our country running. If one state moves to all gas cars it could potentially set a domino effect causing almost all states to go electric. Like you said electric cars take 30 minutes to 12 hours to charge and when you need to get to a destination this puts them majorly behind. I don't think it will be all-electric cars in California by 2035 because they have a lot of testing and building to do. They not only have to make cars but make more charging stations for them. And also you never get to get anything done.

• I think that they should keep gas cars around because if you have to travel a long way for buisness or a family vacation and you take a eletric car it will run out of battery and it take a couple hours to recharge while gas cars only take a couple minutes to fill up then you are ready to go another 300 or so miles.

• It says that electric cars can be charged in up to 30 mins but anyways with that you will still have to plan around the trip to charge your car.

• I think we should keep gas cars and have elctric cars. Its really just what poeple prefer on car choiches. Some poeple can't afford electric cars and if they can maybe just prefer gas cars.

• In my opinion I would never rely on a electric car. Although gas is high priced right now its worth it comoared to having to pause your roadtrip for an hour to "charge" your car. Electric cars are so useless and I'd much rather have a gas car over an electric anyday 

• I think that only having electirc cars is going to be a huge hit in california. People out there own all kinds of surper cars that require gas for them. It is worse for the envirment to make all those batterys. They are trying to be green when they are making it worse. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker