Should ag classes be required in High School?

Should Ag classes be required in high school

I don't think ag classes should be required in high school but should be encouraged because everyone around here is eating the products of what we grow as farmers every day. Some people dont even know where their food that they eat comes from. Ag plays a big role in today’s world without it there would be no food for us to eat. You would not be able to go to your favorite restaurant and order hardly anything without it being tied to agriculture. In some ag classes will teach some science and that will be useful in your future life. Ag classes dont only teach you about these things it can teach you important life skills that you can use in any job in your future.

Some other people think that agriculture classes are pointless. They think that since they are going into a business field when they are older they dont need to have an ag class when they are in high school.

Do you think ag classes should be required in High School?

Are you in any ag classes?

Do you plan of having a job in ag later on in your life?

SOURCES

https://yhsnews.com/939/2021-2022-stories/student-opinion-the-benefits-of-ag-education/

https://collegeambassadors.uconn.edu/2019/03/07/why-is-agriculture-education-important/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think an ag class should be required. I am taking an ag class, everyone in my class is taking it because they want to. I feel like if everyone was in ag/ffa it would not be as fun. I really enjoy taking that class and think its fun, but its not for everyone.

• I don't think an ag class should be required. If you want to take other classes because you don't have an interest in farming go ahead or if you don't wanna be forced into FFA. If you want to go into the ag field go ahead and take a ag class and learn.

• I do not think that ag classes should be required. I think that it should stay up to the student whether they want to take it or not. I have no interest in going into business with ag, so it would not benefit me. If I was going to go into ag, then I would definitely sign up.

• I also think that it should be up to the student but it would be good for everyone to know where their food is coming from and the process that animal goes through to produce the food.

• I don't think that ag classes should be required but highly encouraged. I think it would be very beneficial to take an ag class but if you don't have any interest or forsee a future in ag or anything ag related you should not be required to take it. I think it would be very beneficial to have knowledge of agriculture especially agriculture around the area you live in. 

• I agree. It would be beneficial to every high school student. Ag is a big part of the jobs around us where we live so I see a lot of people doing something with ag when they graduate weather that is high school or college. 

• In my opinion ag should not be a class required in school but they should encourage students to attend one. Understandidng how animals are and learning how are food grows is  useful and important information to know. I am not currently in any ag class and I don't plan on having a job related with ag. 

• I am not in an ag class currently. I  think that ag is a good industry to get into. I also don't bielieve it should be a required class.

• Personally to me I don't think ag classes should be required in high school because some kids don't like learning about ag stuff. Yes I am currently in Ag 2 but I have taken horticulture and ag 1.  Yes I am planning on going into ag lending later on in my life.

• No, I dont think agriculture classes should be required in highschool. Because, not every kid cares about that stuff and isnt a country kid. Agriculture classes are a good thing for kids that are farmers or help there parents with farming but its pointless for kids that dont care about it at all. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker