Should ag classes be required in High School?

Should Ag classes be required in high school

I don't think ag classes should be required in high school but should be encouraged because everyone around here is eating the products of what we grow as farmers every day. Some people dont even know where their food that they eat comes from. Ag plays a big role in today’s world without it there would be no food for us to eat. You would not be able to go to your favorite restaurant and order hardly anything without it being tied to agriculture. In some ag classes will teach some science and that will be useful in your future life. Ag classes dont only teach you about these things it can teach you important life skills that you can use in any job in your future.

Some other people think that agriculture classes are pointless. They think that since they are going into a business field when they are older they dont need to have an ag class when they are in high school.

Do you think ag classes should be required in High School?

Are you in any ag classes?

Do you plan of having a job in ag later on in your life?

SOURCES

https://yhsnews.com/939/2021-2022-stories/student-opinion-the-benefits-of-ag-education/

https://collegeambassadors.uconn.edu/2019/03/07/why-is-agriculture-education-important/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think that it should be required in highschool because not everyone will use those classes.  That would be a waste of a class for people that don't want to be involved in the ag industry. I think that they should keep it how it is and let it be an optional class.

• I don't think that High School students have to be required to take an AG class. I think it would be beneficial for people that want to go into farming or something related to that. I personally wouldn't have any benefits if I had to take an AG class. I am not currently or ever will be in an AG class unless its required.

• I also think that it is beneficial for people that want to farm when they get out of school or go into an agriculture job.

• I don't think that all students should have to take an AG class. Like me and many others, I am not planning on doing anything in the future involving AG. If I am not gonna do anything involving AG, why would I have to take the class?

• I think that people should take the ag classes becasue you can learn science and other life skills.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker