shock wave defense sheild

The  Boeing Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, motor craft, rockets and satellites

They were given a patent to create and test a shield that protects from the shock wave from explosives  its designed to create  ionized air   (a plasma field) between the oncoming blast and the vehicle it was protecting.But at this stage has no protection from debris or shrapnel.The shield is suppose to absorb or at least mitigate the shockwave.

Do you think this product well be successful in the coming years?

Do you think they'll make personal shields for people? 

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/23/tech/boeing-shock-wave-attenuation-patent/index.html 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to capitalize letters in your title. Also,  be sure to reply more frequently than just one day.

• I certainly hope it will become successful. I have no idea if they will make personal shields. 

• I hope that this works for us this would or could be a huge thing for us and help us with making new ideas in the future. I dont think that they will have shields for human not yet at least  

• I think it could get some attention for use to protect big static things like important buildings and such. I don't think they would make one for people because it only protects you from the shock wave, not shrapnel, and it would probably require a lot of energy to run.

• Hopefully they can expand and make a really good one so our soldiers are kept safe. I think we should try to make personal shields because saving a life means a lot to a family.

• yes getting personal shields for soldiers would majorly reduce causality's considering how much explosives are used in wartime.

• I think it would be pretty successful.  Because it would provide some what of protection and everyone knows that, that is always good.  I really do not think everyone will get personal ones, because that is not really needed.  But for people like traveling when they are on the transportation then maybe they get them.  But I do not think they will make them personally just for everyone and anyone. 

• ya don't think they would give it to the public any time soon but maby in the far far future  but I can see them installing them in cars for safety. 

• I think within 5-10 years it will be successful. I don't think they'll make shields for everybody, but I think they'll use them in public transportation and military definitely. 

•  yes  getting in for public transportation would be  great,it make things a whole lot safer not for just if we get attack but if any accidents were to occur.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker