Imagine when you where young and went out to recess that you could not touch the snow for saftey reasons. Well children at Jo Richardson Community School in Dagenham, East London are not allowed to even touch the snow when they go outside during school. The school staff is scared that if the children start touching the snow that they will end up making snow balls and throw them at each other, I guess the teachers think that they can get hurt which is true but the snow would have to be really hard. Smith the superintendent of the Birtish school said"One mistake from a child that gets hurt will change the entire school. Also Smith complained that snow made kids wet and that was unfit for school, but I call that junk because kids are called kids for a reason they are young and they can have a little fun. But Smith said that he was protecting his school from a lawsuit, but I am guessing that is a lie. It just really dosnt make sense why someone would file a lawsuit for kids going on the snow. If they really wanted the kids not to go on the snow then why would you even take them outside for recess. 

Click to learn more

Q1-How would you feel if you where still young and when you went out for recess that you could not touch the snow during the winter?

I would have been very upset because that was recess is for, and when we where young we liked to have fun in the snow such as build tunnels, snowballs and all other sorts of items to play with. 

Q2-If you where the superindendent of the school what would you end up doing if someone filed a lawsuit on you school for letting your kids play on the snow?

If I where the superindendent of a school I would try to keep letting the kids go outside and play in the school but if I could not I would try and treat the kids a little bit because it is not fair to them. 

School Bans Kids From Touching Snow Because They Might Get Hurt

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• bump

• 1. I wouldn't care because I don't like to play with snow and usually if you want to play with snow you have to gear up.

2. If the kids want to play on snow I want them to have a parent permission form to give to me. So if they try to suit the school if they sign the form to allow there kids to play. All I need is show the evidence the parent give the consent to it.

• I agree with you on both of your answers but I kind of liked to play in the snow but putting on all the snow gear was the worst part about it. And for sure I would probably gets the parents permission so its not my fault if something happens

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker