School Banned Yearbook Picture of Trap Shoot Team

A member of the school board at Big Lake High School wrote on Facebook "The Trap Shoot team picture will not be in the year book due to shotguns being in the picture." One parents said that the students' guns are their equipment just like a football belongs to a football player and they way a basketball belongs to a  basketball player. One parent even threw in the mascot of the school because it is a wasp and said that the stinger must be a weapon so if they are doing that to the Trap Shoot Team they might as well get a new mascot.  Eventually after all of the complaints from parents they let the Trap Shoot Team in the Yearbook. 

A School Banned Yearbook Pictures Of The Trap-Shooting Team ... Because Of Guns

Read the story here

#1. Why do you think parents got so mad about this?

#2. Why do you think people are against guns?

My answers-I think parents that have kids on the Trap Shoot want to see their child's picture in the Yearbook some other parents might just think it is wrong because they see nothing wrong with guns. I think people are against guns because they think anyone that has one is going to shoot somebody. I personally see nothing wrong with guns. If the person behind the trigger is responsible and knows how to properly use a gun there is no problem. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done!!

• I believe that the parent are upset, because they don't want their children to be associated with that in their yearbook, and some might thing its wrong because they see nothing wrong with guns. I think some are against guns, because of all of the bad uses, but no one seems to think about the good uses guns have also. 

• I think the parents got mad because this is considered a sport or hobby just like anything else in the school and shouldn't be excluded from the yearbook. These kids deserve recognition as being a part of the team like anyone else. People are against guns because guns are associated with death and pain. Some people use guns for unlawful use, not like trap shooting or hunting. 

• Because the school thinks the guns deal with violence even though they are just shooting targets. Because of all this craip the the world is going through and they think that everything could be a weapon 

• I don't think they should have gotten mad about this, it's dumb that they did. It is part of the sport so they should be able to have it in the picture. I think when people think of guns they think of killing and other bad uses. 

• because this was beyond stupid and i have a shotgun, my friends have shotguns and other firearms. its stupid that they would do this. i see why they did it with all the gun voilence going on. but guns in a picture cannot harm you. because a few stupid people shot innocent people and ruined it for all the rest of us decent people.

• I think the parents got mad because they think that their children should get recognition and everything like that. Honestly if the school didnt post about it nobody probably would have even thought twice about the guns in the picture.

• Well they probably got mad because of all the firearms and how it could be dangerous. People are against guns because they think that guns kill people, people kill people

• I think parents are upset over this because their kids deserve to be in the yearbook just as much as any other student. Trapshooting requires a gun, just like football requires a football. For some students, trapshooting is their sport and thats all they do. Some people can get angry over guns being pictured because they may thing a student could get violent but people should not just be assuming thats going to happen. 

• 1) Because the parents are right and it is unfair to take out one team because there are guns in the picture. The guns are what they use in the sport.

2) I think people are against guns because of the danger it's caused and guns can be used to take the lives of others.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker